Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Yay!!! Can't Wait!!!!

I've started receiving some of your altered photos of me with hair, and they are hilarious!!! OMG, you guys are really something. I am so glad that I got this idea (it seemed 'some' were getting bored of sitting idle or commenting in a line or two.) It has unleashed the talents in you (well, to some they were never on a leash, really, but bear with me, I am trying to be funny!) I will be receiving pictures on my hotmail account until Sunday midnight (whatever time zone u happen to be in), and then I will try to rearrange them in a way everyone can see them on the blog. Then I will TRY to choose the best one, but I doubt I'll be able to (they're only 5 so far, and I can't). We'll see, maybe we'll let the readers decide in a poll or sth (if I knew how!). Frances and Bobbie have been kind enough to post an 'ad' of this challenge on their blogs, inviting yet more people to join in. WoW! Thanks ladies. (But pls make sure that ur readers know that the deadline is Sunday midnight).

Rima Koleilat, come on down!!! Congratulations, you have spotted the pun and you get to take home with you a box of delicious dark chocolate brownies by Cocoa & Co. Applause Applause Applause
If you are still wondering what it was, well, it's ALL: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (the type I have)

Ok, so Day 12 today (it's Day 12 to me now, but I guess you'll be reading it tomoro, which will be Day 13). Dr Potter passed by to see how I was doing. he told me everything was under control and congratulated me on taking ALL (got it now?) the pain with such bravery. ya lateef! wlak shoo hal Hala. Ufff! I'm just glad it's controllable, hamdillah, and that I still have some energy left to get through it ALL :) God willing. It's addictive this ALL. I survived ALL.

Those of you who have been following up this week will have noticed something different tonight. I am SOBER!!! eeeeeeewwwww. I haven't ordered the extra Morphine I am allowed a day. habla! I woulda been in la-la land now!!! But, yalla, maalesh (4 u Mo), cuz I didn't need any which means I am getting better, hamdilla!

Yiiiy, it's almost midnight now. The nurse is on her way to take my obs. Hope all's well. (temp been playing a bit between 37 and 38. I just hope they find the reason why.

good night,
waiting for u tomoro,

love u ALL

H

9 comments:

Rima said...

Wow - even with no morphine, you sound great! Is your doctor's first name Harry? In which case, let's hope he's done some magic there, hehe...

Seriously, you sound like you're stronger and even, dare I hope, feeling better! Yallah, inshallah kelshi kheir.

As for the artwork, I will make another "wall" for you at the gallery - that way you don't have to choose, you can have all of them! framed and everything!

I'm still working on mine - be patient!! some of us will be using paper and pen(cil)! At least I hope I will...

Keep up the good work, I really hope you are now on an upswing. Ya habibti, I wish you a very good night tonight and an even better day when you wake up.

Love

Bobbie said...

Yay! The days are rolling by and soon you will be back home with your babies in your arms...yes I know they don't think they are babies, but well to a mother they are.

Your Auntie Rima is pretty cool to do a wall for the artwork. It will be fun to see all the submissions. Yes, dear, I am working on mine, but remember that I am a great-grannie and therefore very slow.

God keep blessing you and keeping the evil eye far away from you. I'll be praying for you later before bed and asking God to take good care of you tonight.

Unknown said...

Good morning

so glad to hear you are ALL sounding better and thanks for ALL explaing ALL-- hee hee. helps to get ALL things sometimes!!!!!!y ALL keep the fight going now!
Well I am curious about hte artwork so please make sure to post it for all to see and I think we should vote!! sosomone out there find a way to figure it out (remember I am the technologically slow one)
HOpe this mornign starts of well and finishes off better for you -- have a great positive healthy day
tammy

Dina said...

Habibti,
You sound cheerful and happy .. it warms my heart .. I only hope it will get better and easier every day from now on.
I CAN"T WAIT either for the pictures .. I bet they are ALL great. ( I tried!)
Hope you had a good night and inshallah a very good day today.
Love you,
Dina.

Bigbro said...

Keep going sis!!! Hamdilla you are doing well. To full recover soon, Inshalla. f

lebanesa said...

Hala, so lovely to hear you sounding well and cheery without Mother Morphine, that is so positive. Keep smiling - hope you get plenty of mad hairstyles.

Lara said...

Hey Halloul,
Happy to hear that you are doing ok!! Hang on, and all will pass. Keep Walking!!!! Keep Dancing!!!!
Luv Ya
Lara AA

Debi said...

A note today (Lucky 13) to say I hope ALL is going well.

Lots of love and hope and prayers and funky-a** hair,

Debi

Unknown said...

sober or drugged...U ROCK GIRL! So happy ur doing gr8 7amdillah..going to beirut 2mrw to see loubna and the kids YEEEHAA! I miss them so much it has been 24 days since i saw them last.. loubna is going for hajj on saturday and ur on her du3a priority list :-) and i m spending quality time with maha and ghazi in the meantime... kisses and u keep well.
MAY GOD BLESS U ALWAYS.