Thursday, December 6, 2007

Fancy a Morphini, Anyone?

What Martini are you? Appletini? Pomegranate Martini? Chocolate Martini? Blue Martini? Vodka Martini? With a twist? An Olive? Dirrrty? Shaken? Stirred? These are ALL real drinks, and there are many more flavours! I promise, by the name of Facebook! (Isn't it graaaand that I am doing my research on FB now? hee hee!) I have found my Martini Me. It's Morphini !!! (I bet u got that from the title, eh? yeah! shuks!) Well actually, it has been bestowed on me by Miss Dr. Pain herself.
Check this out, I am sleeping in my room this afternoon, relaxing (NOT!!! cuz they keep waking me) when this tall, elegant lady, Head of Pain Dept. comes in and wakes me up. At first I was stupified, esp. bec I was dreaming a very vivid dream, but then I got up, started talking to her. She asked me about some symptoms, some pains, some results... and there we were, chatting away like school girls, when suddenly she looked at me and said: "You haven't asked for any of the oral or sub cut morphine you are allowed ALL day. How come?" So I said:"Well, I just didn't need it. The pain in my swollen feet and hands was bearable." And so she nods, looks at my billion-page chart and says:"Hala, we r increasing your Morphine dose in the pump. There is no need for you to feel ANY pain." So, Yippppeeeeeee!!! Yeeeeehaaaaa!!! I am officially allowed to go berzerk!
It's been so funny cuz, with me, Morphine makes me very sleepy, so I nod off for minutes, seconds, even, and I dream deeeeep, vivid dreams and wake up not knowing where I am for a second or two. Or when I wake up I say things out of nowhere (Wissam stares and smiles!) like: "the tickets are still with dad" or "a corridor with tons of toilet seats" or "why is X marrying a hindi and eating red knafeh?" Weiwd, no? So, with an extra 10 mg, Allah yistor! I think it'll be a day to remember!
Wish u were ALL with me to celebrate life. I will be at the Martini bar all day tomoro and probably night too (cuz I wouldn't be able to get up, hehe!) So, come visit and let's have a chitchat (or a kitkat). Ikh!

Oh, today was Day 14. I am feeling better, hamdillah :)
too da loo da loo da loo,

Cheers,
Halakemia

13 comments:

Bobbie said...

Wow that sounds drug-luscious I'll come and we will have a Morphini party..that should fix up my arthritis pain real good....:) Day 14 and counting. Hope you evening is full of neat dreams and tomorrow is even better. God bless you and keep you safe from all harm.

Unknown said...

Love the colours -- will try and match --- i would think I am a chocolate martini kind of gal === yella habibti --- pain free day inshalah -- now you need a way to blackmail hubby and bigbro into not spilling the bean re whatever may come out of your mouth hee hee!! Sleep -- dream dream and dream!!!! hee hee obviously the colour thing did not work!!!

Bigbro said...

Audi, Fadi Audi. I would take yr Morphini straight up looks to be working on you why not on the donor too?!! What level shall we catch you at today? Still in the same room?? Or maybe has it too gone higher?? Have a high painless day. f

Bee perso said...

i love halakemia!!!!!!!!!!! did not know it existed before 2day...

so you see... this is why u deserve to be ALIVE & WELL more than anyone in the whole wide world!!!!!!!! life is you & god should & will give u priority :D
will be drinking a martini tomorrow night i promiss!!!!!! just let me know what colors i was wearing when u see me @ the martini bar :D))))
love you
xxxxx

Unknown said...

I want some of that so I can see ALL in bright colors(ha!ha!). I swear even when you are going thru so much you are still entertaining!! You are my new "Grey's Anatomy".
Luv ya and god bless you habibti.
Ramiramram

Cristina said...

...it seems that these extra 10 mg can make miracles!! Do you think it is sufficient to colour our life? seeing your new post it seems!! ... not only for the colours that denote your serenity or hallucination (much more plausible) but above all for its content, always so optimistic and entertaining!! Well done, go on with this fantastic spirit.

Thanks for your suggestion... Martini I don't like... morphine never tried... "Morphini" maybe... at least to colour the greyness of these late autumn days!!

P.S.: Be careful with your confessions when in this state... everybody has a skeleton in his cupboard...
have a nice day
ciao ciao
Cristina

Ramzi & Reem Ghannoum said...

Cheers habibti, have one on me! I'm glad you're feeling better. lots of kisses, and inshallah we'll have a martini together in the near future. kisses

Debi said...

Morphine is well named, isn't it? It morphs reality into a wild kaleidoscope. When my dad was on morphine he too would say the most bizarre things. My favorite was "We'll put the turkey leg in the ground." I answered, "And grow more turkeys?"

Thinking of you honey, one day at a time. Day 14...yay!

Rima said...

i just posted something for you, darling - i'll be back to comment

lebanesa said...

Yay - let's gather and have a great time!

So far so good with your darling hubby overhearing your fantasies! Hee hee hee!

Glad you are feeling positive and they are taking the pain away. Keep WELL honey.

LinaG said...

Halloul:
Write down the things you say on morphini! It'll be fun to recall.
As for your request to send in your picture with hairstyles hmmmmm.... Well you opened Pandora's box with your request my dear ... What more fun than to give you various hair styles!!. Hmmm let me count the ways.....
ALL of them : ).
Glad to hear you are doing so well, inshalla you continue so. You are always in our thoughts, and sorry for not being a daily writer but sometimes I get loaded down with too much stuff. And barely make it ... But then I open your blog and I am calm again.
LinaG

rabab Audi said...

Morninn Hallouli

I am coming today lalalalal so please try to prepare one morphini for me tonight too and we will celebrate togther.

Love you and May God bless you, now I am going to the airport keep waiting keep healling.

See you tonight love.
Amto

Joy Logan said...

Maybe a morphini would get me thru my family and the holidays hmmmmm....thought I was a melontini but you may have talked me into another of lifes adventures! I will add you to my blogs if you don't mind? I am so down I need a friend,be gentle with me I will with you! HUGS Joy