Friday, December 7, 2007

What a Lovely Way to Burn!

Heyyyyyyyyy!!! Miss me? I do. So sorry about yesterday. I was so wasted from ALL those Morphinis that I couldn't write. Naaah. I was actually exhausted from the shivers and shakes of one stupid degree of temperature!
It had been a great morning. Breakfast at the Martini Bar consisted of about a jug of Morphini and an exotic assortment of pills to nibble on, not forgetting the collection of multi-coloured, multi-purpose shots that come in tiny plastic containers that Wiss likes to stick to his eyes every morning and pretend he's a pirate!!! I was surprised to find very few of u at the bar. Hmmmm. Where u been? Are you two-timing me? I would rathere presume you couldn't make it cuz u were too busy working on the image of me in new hair.
Speaking of those, I've recieved some more today and they are just unbelievable. I might need to have them posted in a different way, and perhaps also published in abook or sth. We'll see.

Anyways, in the afternoon, someone from The Physical Therapy Department came over and gave me a wonderful foot and leg rub. I had needed it badly cuz my feet were still swollen to the extent I couldn't walk on my heels. So you'd see me tip-toeing away in the room, like an elegant swan from Swan Lake only to find me hit the toilet door with the medicine pole I keep walking with, or bump into the newly-decorated, Fadi-very-proud-of Christmas tree and knock down a dozen red and gold balls... Ok, to cut it short (phew!), the massage was very relaxing and helpful, but the minute the lady left the room, I started shivering and my temperature went up to 38 degrees (I can never find the tiny circle for degree on the keyboard, sorry!) Of course, we panicked, until the doc came and reassured us that it was normal to have that and gave me a couple of Panadols (kinda like Dr Garo at the IC Infirmary when we were @ school!)(Garo was it? Shoo ya Reem? Remember?) By then I was too tired to write and decided to call it a night. (MAN, that was the longest excuse I have ever written!!!! Ana t3ibit 3ankon!)

Today, Day 15, woke up with no fever, hamdillah. It had spiked at night (new word I learned here, spiked! ) A nice surprise popped into my room, MILIA!!! It was gr8 seeing her. We chit-chatted for a couple of hours. It was nice to see someone fresh from back home (although, mind u, Milia has not been living in Beirut for a while now, but had "ree7et Bayroot fiya"). Habibti, I took a picture of her to add to my collection of visitors. I'll try to see if i can upload it here tonight.

It being Friday today, lunch was fish n chips. Every1 eats fish n chips here on Fridays except my hospital version of fish n chips was a dry fish finger and a couple of blobs of potato mash sorta sorbet, no butter, milk, salt or taste added! Guaranteed!!! I had some juice and dozed off, only to be awakened by a handsome gentleman in a dark suit. (btw, docs don't wear white gowns here, so u never know who u r talking to). Turns out this guy here is THE head of the pain (or symptoms) department. So, he pops a few questions at me, understands that I was still in pain (heels, throat...) prescribes MORE MORPHINE!!!! again with the reason of why should I feel pain if I can avoid or minimize it. Tayyeb ya khayyi. Shoo badna na3mol? Who am I to contradict a big, important doctor like that?! Eh ben, bring it on!!! Let's get this party started (also a very nice version of Pink's song by Shirley Bassey, hazamazing! Check it out.)

Rabab is here!!!!! Yay, finally a female presence. And a fun one too! HALAkooni Fadi w Wissam. No, habibati, they have been gr8, but aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh. Men!!! Don't be offended guys. I'm just saying we need a feminine touch round here. (Ssshhh, u should see how they tidy up. They just rearrange the things on the tables, you think they r playing Memory with you! hehe!

Yalla need to go dodo. Catch u l8r.
Waiting for ur breakfast comments AND contest entries!

Love,
Hala

nb: Loved your purple spaghetti strap dress, Bee!

13 comments:

Bigbro said...

Gr8 hope tmrw you will be good enough to change places with us!! We sit in bed & give the orders and you clean or re-arrange the room or whatever you want to call it and keep us amused!! Love, your loyal servants. Wiss & f

Bobbie said...

Gosh so much excitement around there what with visitors and a handsome dr inquiring about your suffering. Yes, I am still working on your new look and will probably log in last as I am stuck between straight or curly, long or short etc. I just wanted to check in and say God bless and keep you safe tonight and tomorrow too.

Unknown said...

welcome back -- heard from zein you had a fever so guessed you would be off for a day but wow what a comeback!!! great entry and glad to hear fever is gone!! send us a pic of the xmas tree -- lets see what the men have been up to decoration wise!!!! no offense guys! welcome rabab -- I am sure it will be blast to have her around, enjoy the female company!
curious about the photos coming out tomorrow -- dont forget to tell us how to vote!!! hope handsome pain dr is our own UK version of mcdreamy!!!
have a happy good fever free day -- cheers!!!

Dina said...

Haloul,
Glad you are doing well .. the handsome doctor sounds nice .. anything like MCDREAMY??? and he comes with morphine .. can't get any better than that.
Hope you have a pain-free day today and I am sure Rabab will keep you busy with all the gossip from Jordan. ENJOY!!!
Can't wait to see the pictures!
Love you, Dina.

taggy said...

Haloulllll, what a day full of adventure but glad you are okay now, i enjoyed very much what you wrote today "allah ye2aweeki" see how days are passing by quickly and in no time all this will only be a memory ....am glad rabab is there she is not just an ordinary female company but a very unique and enjoyable one and am sure very handy too shes got this special touch...Say hi to her she will be missed here, i know we didnt see much of her while she was here but knowing she is around is more than enough love you rabab.

halloulti we love you too wallahi yesterday i stayed all time online checking every few minutes to see if you wrote somthing ma tawli aleina again okay we got used to u.

hope you will have a better day today just know that if we didnt write anything you are always on our minds.

love you
riri and the girlzzzz

Mazen Khaled said...

You need a little Christmas choir at your door to complete the picture. As for the guys not doing their job right, all I can say is: "Men!" :)

Love your way.

Cristina said...

...that's a good excuse!! Let me explain what happened... after a day spent at Martini pub along with your relatives... your friends or maybe with the handsome doctor... you took a day off to sober down!! Isn't that so?? Well done, I think we can forgive you....

Fadi there is a tradition: Christmas tree has to be done on December the 8th and undone on January the 6th!! neither before nor after those dates... this is what I did this morning with someone who removed all the playthings I hung on.. at the end it has been funny and the Xmas tree is very nice!!

Glad to hear you feel better.

Have a nice day

Cristina

lebanesa said...

ooh - doctor sounds nice. Hmm - at least you get a little eye-candy to go with your drugs. Good to hear the menfolk are keeping you intellectually-stimulated with their tidying games and their obstacle course to the wc. I'm late commenting, but I didn't forget you yesterday, I was just out and not reading blogs.
Hope the weekend is good and your oedema improves.

Joy Logan said...

Hope you got my piece in your email. I gave you hair and posterized the piece. I did it in a rush so it would get to you in time for the hair contest. It was fun to do in my photo program.

Rima said...

Hello, love - sorry i've been in a bit of rush these last two days - somehow i can't seem to walk and chew gum at the same time these days... hehe, turning into a guy (they can't multitask, you know what i mean).

Hope things are getting better today, and that auntie rabab is taking good care of you.

I'm waiting for your emails to start working on the "exhibition"... hmmm, what shall we call it? ideas anyone?

Love you darling, will be calling you this weekend

Unknown said...

in beirut being superdad as my wife left to hajj today. she wants ur mom's name for some reason du3a post only gets delivered with a mom's name so pls send the name...
bTw where the hell do u come up with gr8 words! morphini!!!! i laughted a lot...
be well stay strong and God bless u..

Ramzi & Reem Ghannoum said...

And how can I forget Garo, I remember, everytime we wanted to miss a period especially PE we used to go to Garo to give us a pint slip! Bayne ou baynek, I feel like having one of your martinees! Anyway, you look good, keep it up and enjoy the female company, we know exaclty what you mean, kisses

Artists With Artitude said...

Hala, you are amazing ya habibati! I think you ought to publish all these incredibly insightful and irreverent thoughts of yours.

I know I missed the dealine but I'm joining in still. You always have to have someone like me trailing behind.

Kisses!