Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I had my turkey, and I ate it!!!

And a yummy, orange-glazed, free-range turkey it was, along with its caramelized parsnips and carrots, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, chestnut-almond brussel sprouts, parmesan broccoli, teriaki mangetout, cranberry-port sauce, bread sauce... need I say more? Yes, with the great help of my dear niece Meena, and Amto Rabab (who made a killer chestnut rice-bi lahem) I was able to pull it off. Of course I had to delegate much of the work, but still it was great fun and extremely delicious! Merry X-mas everyone! Hope yours was as yummy.
ALL that was, of course, preceded by the traditional gift opening early in the morning! Zee woke up, saw the gifts under the tree and started going "Ho Ho Ho" until we woke up and joined her in the opening of the presents. It's a good thing she didn't notice that we had forgotten to leave out milk and cookies for Santa!
Rima and Fadi, you hackers, you invaders of blogs... What can I say?! Thanks a billion guys (I wish you had let me in on it, I woulda given u nicer, more recent photos!) Thanks for ALL the warm comments too.
Well, the kids r here, and it's still x-mas season. We were stuck at home ALL day today. I hope the weather is better tomoro. Perhaps then the girls can go down to the park and the High Street for a while. As for me, my sofa would miss me too much (actually 15 mins walk in the park is ALL I can manage to do for now! but, maalesh, slowly but surely I will get stronger, inshallah!)

G'night for now,
mwah
H

5 comments:

Bigbro said...

Sahtein & Merry xmas. f

Dina said...

Yummy! Sounds great .. the food and the company. I am glad you are enjoying the holidays with your family. Inshallah next year in Beirut. Kisses to all.
Love you, Dina.

Unknown said...

Merry christmas to all ---- sounds like my kind of lunch hee hee -- sahtein habibti!!!
Great to hear you have your lovely daughters with you -- I am sure they loved christmas and spending it with you -- next year you have to treat us all to your famous turkey and sweets inshalah!!!
Take it easy adn one day at a time, one small step at a time and you will get there --- noone is in a huryy -- Just take it easy and very soon this will jsut seem like an old forgotten nightmare!!!
Have a lovely boxing day!! left over turkey and all

Mazen Khaled said...

Merry Christmas my lovelies...

Bobbie said...

Oooo my tummy aches just to think of all that delicious sounding food. Wonderful that you were able to do and have your kids with you too. Does it get any better than this? God bless you and continue to keep you healthy and happy!