Friday, December 21, 2007

My Angels!

I never knew angels came in so many different forms. Whether it's MY angels, my flesh and bone, who are coming to visit tomoro (yay!), or the angels that look after me at home, or the ones that took extra care of me at hospital, or the ones that read this blog and pray silently, or the angels back home waiting for me to return, or the ones in different parts of the world following my bumpy ride... or the angels who have given me parts of them so i can go on, or the angels who blow in my ear "you will be alright" every night. I had always thought angels lived in heaven, and that we get to meet them when we die, if we're lucky. But it turns out, no, angels are within us, protecting us, catching us before we fall, pushing us forward, helping us with that difficult step, caressing our hair (if applicable!) when we r are feeling low, giving us that extra tight hug when we most need it.

It's been and still is a loooong, bumpy ride, full of ups and downs and mood swings and anxieties and also laughter and hope and faith and love. And it has come to a time were all faiths are celebrating and everyone is thankful. I wouldn't have wished to pass by what I am at any other time. I feel the prayers resonating from Ramadan to Eid el Fitr to Eid el Adha to Christmas... I feel blessed to have passed through ALL this during these 'holy' months. Thank you God for being by my side. Thank you, my angels, for your endless love and support. Without you, I would surely not have made it so far. Thank you for making it "easy" and "fun". Hope you stick around for more!

On a lighter note, tune in tomoro for "da best hair awards!!!"

Love you tons,
Hala

14 comments:

Bobbie said...

Love the new blog header, and they link to the HalaElf! You are blessed , Hala, to have so many friends and loved ones who care for you. Thank you, dear Lord, for bringing Hala this far, and thank you in advance for bringing her home.

rabab Audi said...

Hallouli,

Mush maaoul, You are a fantastic touchy beautiful writer, may God protect you and keep you for us all in order to spread your talents around all the world

Love you
Rebbo

lebanesa said...

Love to you - love is your strength.

Debi said...

I loved this serious post. And I love your sense of humor too. Life is like that, isn't it? Both serious and humorous.

Thinking of you.

And can't wait for the final tally of Da Hair Show. What a hoot it's been!

Unknown said...

Hey I am back again - disappeared for a couple of days -- flgiht back cross atlantic so no computers!!! now back and uptodate with the blog!! Love the xmas fro and the drawings!! great great work -- angels are watching over you and praying for you daily my dear -- all inspired by the greatest one of all -- you and your lovely spirit!!!
Like I said -- great writer!!! impressive
keep the fun news coming -- keep warm and safe -- God bless

Bigbro said...

Angels come in the form of lil sisters overflowing with LOVE & PASSION. Love you!!! f

Dina said...

ahhhhahhhahhhahhhh ... no comment .. just tears .. happy tears .. couldn't stop crying.
I love you so much.
Dina.

Layla Audi said...

An Angel, inspired by your last post....

I thought I saw an angel passing by
Here on this earth I heard a lullaby

An angel singing a song of hope
Sending out prayers helping me to cope

Is it you my sister, my brother, my friend?

I know it’s you for sure there’s no pretend

Sailing all around me whispering in my ear

Be well ,be strong , you can do it my Dear

And yes I am doing it, I have done it all this way

I Thank my God for protecting me past and today

Stay with me my angels, I know you will

You give me strength power, I depend on you still….

Love you Halloul

Unknown said...

hala..u bring out the best in us. am thabkful to God for making our paths cross again although in the virtual wolrd thus far. it has and will be a roller coaster trip but u know what? i am sure wheb u look back u will say what i said three years of being cured.: cancer has been the best thing that ever happened to me. u r an angel urself halloul. cannot stope those tears and yes i am a man who can cry and admits it! may God bless u always and have fun with ur angels..

Cristina said...

...and do you want to know the reason?? because the Angels love to stay with and protect Angels!!! .... it seems with an afro angel as per the poll result... curious and pictorial!!

Thanks for your nice words.

Cristina

Rima said...

Mohammad is so right, you do bring the best out in all of us.

We love you and we love your grace, your resilience, your indomitable spirit, your wicked sense of humour, your beauty inside-&-out. And your brownies!

A million hugs and kisses

Bigbro said...

Hold the champagne Cristina, not yet!! I refer you to RIma's comment on "Yalla" on Dec 13. She voted 1 for Afro as a "test". That has to be deducted!! So in fact we have a tie and we throw it back to Hala - who loved them ALL and tried to avoid the decision by making us all vote! - to now DECIDE who is the ONE winner??!!! Hahaha. Sorry Lina g & May both were wonderful works but i jsut cant pass a chance to "squeeze" Hala a bit!!! So Halloul its back to you and 1:0 for me! Bigbro

Mazen Khaled said...

You are also an angel; one that is teaching me that whatever happens to us, the worst fate to endure is to loose our positivity and sense of humor. It is how we do things that makes us who we are.

Hajjal Sannine said...

Thank you Hala for a good cry :) much needed and a good reminder of whats important in life.... i havent been keeping up lately on your blog with all the festivities and i have been down with a bad case of laryngitis .... soooo what to tell you .. you know you are in our prayers .
Lots of Love
Raana G - Hajjal