Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Have your cake and (don't u dare) eat it!

Day 11, and the living is eaaasyyy, NOT! I have to admit I feel much better, though, thank God. AND, guess what? The counts have started to increase! They're @ 700 today, or 0.7 for the British :~{) We dunno why since it's still quite early, but the docs said it is possible andhas happened that engraftment might start quite early. I hope this is the case, cuz if it is, it means I will be going home sooner. Just have to be very very extra careful.

However, come the afternoon, in comes the nurse with an injection of Methotrexate, a very strong chemo medication that will hit the whites again, and cause them to drop a bit, plus it does have some 'ugly' side effects like dry mouth, diarrhea... ya3ni, mostly like the ones I was happy to start getting rid of today, only less intense. But, hamdilla, w baseeta, w maalesh, it'll pass inshallah, and i will be as good as new, except with FADI all over me ALL (noticed the pun?! Honestly, who did? come on, do tell!) the time.

Aaaah, Fadi, my alter-ego, my partner in crime, my Samson, my Gabbana, my perfect match (3 stars box)... what shall I tell you. I don't only have your cells now, but I look exactly like you. I am developing those 'whistle while you work' symptoms, I am also 'working' on my mobile phone ALL (aah, here it goes again! A brownie for he/she who guesses) day long. Even my voice is changing into a deeper, huskier, sexier voice like yours (hehe). However, the one thing I cannot master is this 88!!! (when fadi frowns, his eyebrows rise to the shape of an 88 in Arabic, his trademark). Maybe it's cuz my forehead muscles are too feminine? Maybe cuz u actually need to have eyebrows to try that? hehe. Well, habibi, love u however u r, but pls lose the 88, I am jealous!!!)

Ok guys, I loved reading your comments at breakfast. Breakfast, ya right! I could hardly swallow my milk, but maalesh, it was gr8 fun doing that while reading the blog. The docs had their round around noon today. They are very happy with how things are developing with me (hamdillah). I took the opportunity to ask if I could have the yummy chocolate croissant I had my eye on (from the cafeteria, imagine-toi!). They said I could. However, I couldn't chew or swallow one tiny bit of it. Isn't it ironic?

Au lit, tout-de-suite,
mwah
Hala

12 comments:

rabab Audi said...

Hallouli,

Thanks God again and again, we always wanted another boy in the familly and here it is you became another Fadi (welli msibe) if you have his 88, so we must thank God again for duplicating him into our pretty Halloul but not his 88 again, his tenderness his affection his love to his familly habibi he is such a great bigbro may God keep him for us all.
As for your quick recovery tell the doctors that you are the most energatic woman since your chilhood you are always in the run looking ahead for the next erand, business, fun, name it what ever, may God protect you from our eyes and all the evil ones and keeps you for your devoted husband and lovely kids.
take care hayati and slow done let things goes into its places on time.
Love you so much
Rebbo

SOSCRAPPED said...

I have a proposal regarding the 88 eyebrows... as you don't have bushy eyebrows at the present time, you could draw them with an eyebrow pencil... you could even draw an arabic 77... see if Fadi can match that!!!

I'm so happy to see you're doing better, Rome was not built in a day, so you may still have ups and downs, but you have one hell of a croud behind you, so keep up your spirits and I'm sure you'll prevail..(croud or crowd... too late to google check... no I think its crowd, will check tomorrow).

Take care and be strong!

Rima said...

I want the same brownie you made when we visited at your summer house in akher-ma-3ammar-rabna three years ago! Who knew you had this really black (and blue) humour? ... yeah, i can be punny too, y'ALL ;-b... hope we will be ALL done very soon with this f*%$?! ALL and you will be home very soon - even if you do end up with Fadi's eyebrows ... which I am sure are very effective when you want to emphasize a point (or "un accent circonflexe", hehe... I slay mysef, y'ALL! yes, I know I'm the only one who thinks this is punny, er, funny).

Anyway, it's a good thing we're having breakfast together - hope you will be able to have another croissant, inshallah. Or anything with chocolate in it. In this spirit, I am presently having a bowl of kashi + cheerios and skim milk because I am starving after a day running around in the brrrrr-ccccooollldd. I could go for that bouillotte right about now... it's almost bedtime, but I have to catch Heroes before it's finished.

I will be dreaming of your portrait, my dear muse! I hope I can do something nice with it. I don't think I would go for the long blond hair though, aren't there enough fake blondes in Lebanon already? Brunettes definitely have more fun.

Sur ce, have a very good morning - I hope the counts don't fluctuate too much and the side effects are not as severe.

Thinking of you - hugs and kisses

Bobbie said...

I can see that your writing style is changing too, more like, well, Fadi's. Soon you will be able to do 88's with your/his new eyebrows :)

God bless you and keep all the evil eyes looking away. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. You are always in my prayers, dear one.

Dina said...

Good morning habibti halouli,
Hope you had a good night. Haloul, you are becoming more like Fadi .. even with your writing. He is the best but I am not sure we can handle another FADI .. so stick with being you .. the most wonderful, beautiful, bravest person I know.
Good bless you and keep you from harm.
Hope you have a great day!
Love you, Dina.

Unknown said...

Looking at a croissant and not eating it ==== tough ---!! Us chocolate food lovers can relate to that -- well my dear the famous 88 --scary -- hee hee we always tell him --fikha ya fadi -- alla yikhaleekum labaad!!!!
Hope today will be better --- it will get tough before it gets better -- but hey you are doing great --
I have a confession -- I am in awe with your writing style ( I am a good reader) and you seriously have to do something with it when all is done and you are all better -- seriously great sense of writing and sense of humour!!!

lebanesa said...

Yay Hala - hope today is even better. Keep on in there honey and we are all looking for hair for you. You did say anything goes? didn't you?

Bigbro said...

I wonder what goes on in the hospital every night after am gone???!!!

There is an easy solution to my "88": BUTTOCKS!!! But the question is would i be the same FADI without them?? Definately NOT. You are blessed with selectivity this time, Halloul. Take ALL the good things you like and throw away the rest. Who needs a frown?? We want you as Halloul and nothing but Halloul. The CLASSIC original. No Decaff, gold blend, cappuccino or anything but HALA. So hurry back! Thank you, love you. f

Unknown said...

Hey You!! woman with eyelashes!!
You guessed right a few bloggs ago, that there some of us whom are reading, watching, and waiting invisibly, and i thank you for getting me out of my stupor and just start writing again!
We are over the moon that you are doing so well, and pray and think and talk about you all the time. You're always in our minds and hearts!
That said, i am so inspired to re-draw you, and will post the outcome asap!

love love and more love,
may G.

Unknown said...

Hi Halloul, Tu es simplement formidable ya bint. anyone who reads the title of ur page, thinks of sad feelings, and the pity words and emotions. but when reading your updates every other day, God, u give us/ me (at least) the need to struggle for life.
Fazee3a inti ya bint. and that smile, allah ykhalliha ya rabb.
mara2 el kteer ma ba2a fi illa el 2aleel.
love you much and many kisses.
L

Rima said...

Hey, Lara! I beg to differ :-)! I think calling this blog "halakemia" is brilliant and hilarious - it sets the tone for Hala's amazing attitude: wit vs disease, and with her tremendous spirit and love of life, it's NO contest - am I right or am I right, Hallouleh/halloul/halloulti/hallouli/fadi2?
What a great play on words, esp for those of us who do speak Arabic - lovely layers of punnery!

Now how about one of Wissam's graphics to illustrate that header? this will occupy you for a little while!

Hope your day is going well, ya habibti - thinking of you always, love ya

Unknown said...

well here i am still typing on my little phone keypad bas ma3leish and 7amdilla as i have noticed u repeat and u know what ma3leish and 7amdillah were 2 words i used constantly and it does work. ma3leish to have cancer and 7amdilla it was me and not one of my kids and yes it has been the best thing that ever happened to me (yes it was) in some sick way it did show me what life is about. today i look back and smile and soon u too will look back and smile when ur writing that little book about ur journey back to life and the power of hope and love. dont be surprised at ur counts girl! we wouldnt expect any less from u and ALL these prayers of ALL of those who love u and they r soo many do work...keep it up girl...GOD BLESS U ALWAYS....