Sunday, December 2, 2007

They're back!!! They're back!!!

Thank God Almighty my eyelashes are back!!!!!! Hallelujah!
The worst ever side effect of chemotherapy is losing one's eyelashes. Why? Dunno, maybe cuz they give depth to the eyes, outline them so u don't look so sick? I mean, eyebrows are ok, expected to fall off, so is hair, but eyelashes, (oh and the hairs inside one's nose), never! So, yes, I was washing my face today, and as I was putting on my medicated moisturizer, when I realized I had tiny little lashes growing back on my lids. WOW! (sounds like Ghida's 'wow, bi3a22ed' in that ad). (Ghida I hope u r reading this, miss u tons!)
Chemo has many other disadvantages, however, believe it or not, it does have some advantages! for instance:
- U no longer have to worry about waxing or shaving or sugaring or whatever. Chemo takes care of that.
- U save tons of money on hairdressers and hair products.
- Again, u save time and money on plucking eyebrows and bikini waxes!
- Since your nails turn into a striped white and blue 'lighthouse', and your toenails start playing funny with ingrown ones not allowing u to walk straight, your manicure and pedicure budget is brought down to zero, thus allowing u more time and money for shopping for bandanas!!!
- Ah, (girls only) your monthly visitor, Mme Rose, will no longer be visiting you, thus relieving you of pain and suffering and Advil and NaNa bills!
- Since your blood would be full of poison when taking chemo, you will not get ANY mosquito bites!!! In fact, if they tried to prick u, they die right away on the spot!
I can't think of anything else now, I am sooo sleepy, my head's dropping to the keyboard!

Thank you for those who answered my query about THE INFAMOUS HOT WATER BOTTLE! I think it's a great invention and that we should give it what it's worth (hehe). So, if u haven't come out yet, yalla, now's the time.

I'm glad you all think I am feeling better cuz I am writing more cheerfully, well, ya, a little better. The pains are still there and we are still very early in the treatment, but I guess I got used to it and refuse to let it pull me down again, inshallah.

Yalla, go post a comment to this entry. I'll read them at breakfast tomoro, my morning treat!
mwah
Hala

13 comments:

Bigbro said...

Enjoy your breakfast!!! Sahtein. f

Bobbie said...

Ha ha, you are a hoot! I loved reading your post today. Keep up your very funny spirts and God bless you with no pain tonight.

SOSCRAPPED said...

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh for the eyelashes!!! Mabrouk!!!

Unknown said...

Great news re eyebrows --- I have learnt a lot these past couple of years about amazing people and ones ability to look at the positive side of things and Hala you are there (along with a very special person to me) right on top!! This amazing positive attitude will do miracles for you!! Keep that lovely spirit and humour!! so what was breakfast today??? HOpe it was good!
Have a good pain free day inshalah.. waiting for more news!

Hajjal Sannine said...

Greetings from the land of the cedars and the pearl of the east writing to you from bed at 9:30 am i guess u r not up yet,its raining here...brrrrrr

...i heard u are wondering who is hajjal sannine my friend...well she also goes by the name Rana Gebara ;)

Hope u have a wonderful pain free day.

Hajjal Sannine said...

Entry No.2 by Hajjal Sannine AKA Rana Gebara

NOMINATE YOUR BLOG AS THE BEST BLOG OF THE YEAR WORLDWIDE :)

I have never seen anyone deal with chemotherapy like you are halloul!!! Mish Maakoul Mish Maakoul Mish Maakoul...KEEP IT UP GIRL, DONT GIVE UP.

you in the mood for music? I am sure you are , Cause i have a few CDs to recommend, if you can downlaod them from somewhere... DIANA KRALL LIVE IN PARIS to start with - its really a great CD lifts u up big time.

Unknown said...

Habibti halloul
I read ur blog every day and i am so glad u r feeling a little better with new eye lashes too! Amazing!
Luv you and praying for you
Mwah
Ramiramra

taggy said...

bonjouuuuuuuuuuuur, halloulti ...mabroooooooook for the eyelashes. hayateee halloulllti with her lovely spirit and sense of humour.loved what you wrote. kisses and hugs from all of us here and hope you have a pain free day today and every day..love youuuuuuuuu

tag & the girlzz

Hala said...

Ok, breakast was 3 sips of decaf (felt like coffee today), one sip of hot chocolate, a handful of hard-to-swallow pills AND a 7.5 mg shot of morphine, so, hayoudooooin'???!!!
Tammy darling, without people like u supporting us in thick and THICK, we woulda never been able to fight. S thank you endlessly.
Bobbie, YOU are hilarious, and your regular comments and visits to my blog make me feel very special. tks!
Soraya!!! You will definitely need a hot water bottle in freezing Canada! (btw, I still dunno what it's called in French!)(I know it's irbeh in 'Jordanian'!
Hajjal? What the...? Why? love u anyway!
Ramiramram, my pillar, and my fav haifa impersonator, u r with me even if u don't know it.
Taggyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Riri to me. habibti. Head of support group in Amman.xxxxxxxxxx
And of course, Big Bro. The Donor. The Perfect Match. My conscience and my blood. love u!
Everyone, tks for ur comments. Breakfast has never been more fun.
love,
Halakemia

lebanesa said...

It's Sunday, so only now visiting you. So glad about those eyelashes, do they make you feel prettier again? Nose hair - isn't that a good thing? Or do you miss them for some reason? Thanks for all the great positives on your chemo - I wil remember them for future use. Hope the day continues in good spirits and you are relaxing and enjoying yourself as much as possible. You have a GREAT spirit and I am so glad to have met such a fantastic person virtually. Keep those spirits high and keep telling us how you are.

Rima said...

Bouillotte!! or in some parts of Quebec - l'abbe (accent aigu)

Hi, ya hallouleh - it makes me laugh all the hallouls, halloulehs, halaheel everyone calls you - it's so cute! I think we're the only culture that lengthens the original name when creating a nickname. Which one is your favourite?

Is rice pudding allowed? it's tasty and will go down fairly easy.

Hope the eyelashes are followed by all the hair you want back!

Love you

SOSCRAPPED said...

Hot water bottle in french is bouillotte, in german its warmeflashe, in turkish its giris yapiniz, in Bulgarian its Penka, termoflaske in Danish, Borsa dell acqua calda in Italian, in Portuguese its bolsa or garrafa de aguq quente, and my favourite, in spanish its Bolsa de agua caliente!!! There ... I hope this will clarify some more hot water bottle questions you may have been asking yourself!
I heard that they are expecting this winter to be one of the toughest ever in Canada... so maybe buying one may not be such a luxury after all!!

GhidaYo said...

Inteh Bit3a'deh! bikill ma3nal kilmeh! I miss you too! Yalla come back! Maybe we'll shoot a 2008 version with you! :-)) loads of kisses and hugs.