Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Transcendental Medication!!!


I've been told by many that I should seek different means of relaxation and getting my mind off the illness. A close friend of mine, bless her (!), took me to to Transcendental Meditation. Although it worked there and was quite relaxing, I'm still findind difficulty succeeding on my own. I was trying hard to concentrate on my 'mantra' this morning when Wiss took a photo and turned it into this! (of course waking me from my attempt and ruining it for good!)


I am at AUH now. Did the aspirate. It hurt, yay! It is supposed to hurt, otherwise it's no good. How ironic is that? Started chemo 3 just now. So far so good, hamdillah.

There is something definitely wrong in the hospital's kitchen today. They have been messing up the trays. Some are missing stuff, others have extra stuff... Not that the food here is anything to write home about, but at least when you're hungry and read "sambousik" on the paper and can't find it on the tray, u want ur 'sambousik'!!! They just brought in dinner. Roast beef. Allah yistor!


I would really like to thank all of those who sent me jokes. I laughed hard at most of them. Mohammed, yes I rememeber you. And i admire you. Hope to hear from u soon.


Gotta go try and eat this plasticky, brownish thing they brought me. Yalla baseeta, there's always custard!


mwah,

H

6 comments:

lebanesa said...

The Geography of Man
Between the ages of 15 and 70 men are like USA - ruled by a dick.

Unknown said...

Hey Hala,

Glad u remembered me...so AUH has WIFI now!!! My God the world is changing and please do not even remind me of the food at AUH!!!They were forbidden to even pass the tray in front of my room with the door closed! U know I still get this strange feeling everytime I am at AUH and the food trays pass...I once was visting somene and when they brought the food in, I automatically told them to take it out of the room saying I was not hungry...there was a strange silence in the room for a sec or two before everyone burst laughing!!

Good luck habibti (if I may call u that since we both belong to the same brotherhood of survivors!) I ma not gonna try and give u advise of what to do or what not to do...I ma sure u heard enough of that from everyone around u!! I salut ur bravery and I want those brownies when I am in Beirut ;-)

I am living Istanbul these days and it is a great city just if they spoke anything esle but Turkish...struggling to get anything done but enjoying it whilst it lasts...back in Beirut next week for Eid and hope u will be out with a great bllod count which allows u to enjoy a salad (God I never thought salad was so important to me until Iwas told I cannot have it suddenly I was craving lettuce!!!)

Anyway seems inni khalatit Cha3ban bi Ramadan..

Good night and sweet dreams may tomorrow bring u more love, more hope and more strenght...

GOD BLESS U

Bobbie said...

I enjoyed the jokes on the other post and I thought they were very funny.

I like this Buddha look, it suits you very well. I've meditated a little and can only say that with practice it gets easier to enter the meditative state. It is strange how the mind wants to wander and you have to keep bringing it back.

I hope you have a good day today and all goes your way :)

Hala said...

Frances, you found a joke! Wow, tks!
Mohammed, habibi, my brother in arms, you are a great support and probably the bravest person I know. Pls don't make me hate those trays more than I do! Brownies 3ala rassi el asla3 as soon as u arrive in Beirut. And, yes, I also crave salad! who would have thought?!
Bobbie, thank u for all ur kind words. u are all unbelievable, even those who read silently, and those who reply abruptly.
khouloud, appreciate ur comment. pray for me!
love u all.
H

Anas said...

Habibti Hala,

This is Mona and Anas, better known to you as 3antara and 3abla. We love you and hope you come out soon as lovely as 3abla the cookie did after she was hospitalized at your kitchen for her broken hand, remember..
we'll pass by home when you're back,
min shoufik bi kheir,
Mona and Anas

Dina said...

Haloul habibti,
You look great even with no hair .. that's not fair .. I look horrible if I don't have my hair blow dried at the salon everytime I wash it :)
Your beauty and wonderful spirit shines thru inside out.
Keep your spirits high and have faith.
Love you, Dina.