Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALAWEEEEEEN!!!

Hey guys, it's me again. I have made it to the library! Imagine, moi, at the library! I must be sick! Anyway, it's the only place with free (or not free) internet around here. Considering the size of Sutton, the library is HUGE!!!! and the floor I'm on has like some 100 computers for people to use for 45 mins (u can add another 45 "if there's no cue!".

So, it's Halloween tonight, or Halaween?! Normally I'd have been baking cookies in the form of skeletons and pumpkins and vats, rats, and bats. However, since I find myself Suttonly in Sutton, I will have to settle for a machine-made cookie from M&S, or maybe a little pumpkin pie! (Tammy, I will have the scones too, not to worry!)
Christina, tks for the pub list. I know some of them, and we've already tried The Cock and Bull with Fadi and Cyba. Interesting concept, the English pub, soooo, English!!!

As for the rest of u lovely people who have not stopped reading my blog, thank u, love u, keep reading and commenting. pretty soon i will be 'under the knife' so let's make the best of this now!

I had a few tests done yesterday at the hospital and tomoro I am having a 3 in 1 combo!!! A bone marrow aspirate, an LP, and insertion of a Hickman (central) line. Yippee! They want to sedate me for that, double yippee!!! I tried to tell them that never b4 was i sedated for these procedures, but they prefer it that way, so gr8, bring on the drugs!!!

Oh, and I finally have a land line and SKY TV! They connected them yesterday. Now I can watch as many channels as I want and not just BBC 1 ,2, 3, 4... (However, I found myself turning back to 'Eggheads'!!!) You do get addicted to them.

Tayyeb guys, I shall leave you now and go check my mail, if u don't mind.

from freezing Sutton, I give you my best,

mwah
Hala

15 comments:

Bigbro said...

Keep walking my librarian, keep going. We are all with you. f

Reem Rahhal said...

Hey Babes,

Happy Halloween to you too!! Inshallah, we'll bake the skelleton cookies with you next halloween. Send me your land line number, I would love to chat with you. Take care for now and keep'em rolling.

Unknown said...

So nice to read from you halloula! I like the pub list; seems like the nighlife in Sutton is really kickin'...we sould all join for a party:) Spooky Halloween and keep it up girl! Bisous. HalaRaad.

LinaG said...

Happy Halaween to you too!
What an amazing sence of humor, I am mighty impressed. suttonly in sutton!!, I am sooooooo Surrey?? Funnnny.
Well I hope the combo goes well, and the sedation to your taste!. As for internet and getting things done, you find you appreciate living in Beirut, despite the crazy situation , when you realize all is available quickly and abundantly!.
Keep playing bayt byout with Abul Wiss, and come home soon and we'll bake you all the halloween cookies you can wish for.
Kisses to all, and cheers from a cooler Beirut (it finally spattered some rain!).
Lina G.

Unknown said...

Hala...have u thought of writing a book? u should girl... u have so much to say and say it so naturally! yalla cookies and a good book??

Still waitin to get some sort of a number of u...Am stayin in Hampshire from Sun 4th to Fri 9th...Am in Beirut for the weekend though so if u need anything from home do let me know and I will happily bring it over with me.

U take care and GOD BLESS U

maral said...

LJSEHbv

maral said...

okay i finally have a gmail user name and password... u should see halloween here in NY! ya zalame, these americans take this so seriously, there is a HUGE parade on the avenue of americas (6th ave) just now as i write to u, it is blocked with something over 1 million people dressed up in the strangest costumes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - so sutton is freezing? hallouline, love u so much, did u get my text messages and emails?
hug u tight, sleep and dream nicely and talk to u later
muah

Bobbie said...

Booo! Hope you have a happy halloween! Have fun and enjoy!

SOSCRAPPED said...

Enjoy Sutton its a lovely place. I used to live in Maidenhead which isn't too far away. Don't forget to try the steak and kidney pie at the pub... its a specialty! Hang in there, before you know it you'll be back on your feet and back to normal.
Praying for you and thinking of you..

Unknown said...

Missez Baydoun, its been a while since I have checked my hotmail, and just now I open my inbox to read this shocking mail.
I can sense through reading your blog that u're feeling better now but I still can't help imagine how hard it must be and I really admire your srength and spirit.
Know that as of tonight, I will be praying for you and I hope that you will get better.
So HAPPY HALLOWEEN ya ahla miss bel ALAM
Cheers ;)
Mazen Safar

Sarah's Bag said...

helloooooo
we are cery up to date with your news, you should definetly write a book!!!!!!! we miss you in Beirut, you believe us you're not missing much!!!!!!!!!
Bayda coming to London on the 8th of decembre, anything you might need from here please do not hesitate an jad ma testehe the purple cardigan is also coming to london( finally mish heik), we hear it's cold :-)
are you on facebook??? if not you should by all means get on there! it is addictive!!!!! seriously it a lot of fun.
say hi ti wissam, and keep on writting!

hugs and kisses

sarah and sarah

Sarah's Bag said...

helloooooo again excuse the spelling mistakes lech mafee spell check bil blog??????hein?????

Zena said...

Hi Halloul,
I think of you so often but today I did more! I was driving in my car listening to then radio when FAME came on, I smiled and put it on high.. it brought back loads of happy ones.. I wish you an quick recovery so you can go back home and make more beautiful memories with your children, family and friends... thinking of you
Zena

Unknown said...

Hi halloul,
I miss you I will be in London from Monday to Wednesday and will give you a call to catch up. I wil call Nayla for your number.
Lyne

Unknown said...

Hey, hope all the tests went well and you feeling ok -- not long to go now till you start you journey to recovery insalah!! countdown is here!!!
Happy halloween -- something sad to say the brits are not good at!! hee hee loved the hala weeeeen - you're good!!