Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mish Maamouououououl!!!

HAPPY EID, YAY YAY YAY. MAAMOUL B JOZ, MAAMOUL B FISTO2, MAAMOUL B TAMER, CHOCOLAT, KNAFEH, 7ILOU MSHAKKAL, KOL W SHKOR...etc.
It's the Eid, and unfortunately, I got to spend it at home (or my parents'), behind a mask, eating none of these yummies and coming close to no fresh fruits or veggies! AND napping in afternoons, eeeewwwww!!! I even managed to have an interlude at the hospital yesterday, and for a 10 min procedure, I had to spend 3 1/2 hours there! keef hal nizam?!

But, MAALEESH, I am planning to celebrate it again tomorrow (if the counts shoot up!) I shall make some of my 'mish maamoul', (as in mish maamoul shoo taybeen!!!) and feast on them!!! (This feed yourself strong is really getting interesting! Last night, I asked mom to send me some dessert for after dinner, I got a bowl of mhalabbiyeh, a bowl of mughli, and a bowl of custartd! Midnight Feast!) (The decadron is not making it easy either, u crave sweets on it).

Today, after having not slept most of the night (too many thoughts going around in my head in preparation for my departure end of month), I was in the kitchen at 8:30, decorated a 'football' cake and some 'engagement' cookies and now here I am writing to you, waiting for mom to call to see what the plan is today. We might venture an open-air restaurant since it's Sunday and it's practically still Eid and I am feeling better.

Keep you posted,
have a nice day everyone,
mwah,
Hala

8 comments:

Bobbie said...

So glad you are feeling better. Happy Eid to you and your family. Enjoy this time.

lebanesa said...

Hope you made it to a nice restaurant.
glad to hear you are feeling well enough to work. Take care of yourself and keep us up to date on events.
Love and hugs

Unknown said...

Hey Hala,

Sorry have not checked the blog for a couple of days...Internet at home not so great and the Maa3moul was waitin and the kids all over the place...u konw how it is..but still managed a couple of smss to check on u...

Hope ur feeling better and will be calling u maybe even before u see this note...

Yalla c ya soon Inshalla

GOD BLESS U

SOSCRAPPED said...

Heyyyy Hala! Happy Eid! Hope you'll be able to have as many 'mish maamouls' as you can eat!!! Not many of those here in Canada, we're preparing pumpkin pies for Halloween. Probably will be quite gross knowing me... I am an ace at Betty Crooker but thats as far as I go!!! Hope we'll be able to come to Beirut for Xmas for some cookies... lots of cookies...!!!!
Miss you, take care and stay strong.

Soraya Barbir

ZanBarrage said...

We meant to call you guys today, but time flew and va - yo - la (AKA - volia) here we are late at night. Funny post! You reminded me of the late night runs for 7illo after a few .... hey this is a public forum right? Well enough of that then! And that was a LOOOOONNNNGGG time ago! I promise I never bought the stuff myself.... oh and I didn't inhale.... no really!

Rima said...

Glad to see you're back home - even with a few hours here and there at the hospital. Yum, meghli and custard, what a combination! I tend to pile up the nuts on there - good protein, right?

Looking forward to hearing more about your daily plans

Love

Hajjal Sannine said...

INTI MISH MAAMOUL inti yaalli mish maaaakoul w maamooul its hilarious!!!!!! shou baddi oul you are an example to all of us..keep walking my dear-u r in our thoughts and prayers...

Hajjal Sannine said...

by the way hajjall sannine is me Rana Gebara ---- I just realized that my name doesnt show~--how do i get my pic up there?????