Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday, bloody Sunday!!!

What could be worse than a long boring Sunday indoors??? A long boring Sunday indoors at hospital with fever and diarrhea!!! Oh yes, folks, I had to be hospitalized again yesterday bec I had had a bad night and they were worried about me so they admitted me and gave me tons of antibiotics to rule out any possible danger. I am feeling better now, but bored to death, esp that today is probably the nicest weather since we got here, and it kills me to lie in my hospital bed and waste such a beautiful day.

I think I am also down cuz I miss the girls too much. It was great seeing them, but also hurtful. I got so attached to them and used to having '3aj2a' in the house that I don't dare go home to an empty house. Do u think I got sick bec of that? Or do u think I was bound to get sick but had postponed it till they all left and the coast was clear? Or did God do me that favour? Well, thanks anyway. It sure is a relief I didn't have to be hospitalized while they were here. Hamdillah for that.

So, this morning, was woken up for meds and blood tests, then breakfast (hardly ate), then shower, then read The Sunday Times which is like 3 tons heavy, that took a couple of hours, then napped a bit (but of course, with three interruptions, one nurse, one Wiss phone, one lunch), ah, lunch, hardly touched that either, then computer for a couple of hours, AND it is still 4:00 pm!!! What next? Sunday TV is boring and I can't get myself to read a book to save my life. Wiss is dozing off on the lazy chair next to me, poor thing, why does he have to carry my cross with me?

So, you see, it is not all peachy and dandy as u thought. I actually do get depressed and bored and lonely and unable to hide it (sorry, I know Fadi is going to scold me for letting everyone feel down, but I guess u oughta know the good, the bad and the ugly!)

The fact is I miss Beirut, I miss my home, my kids, my comfy sofa, my work, my friends, Gemmayzeh, Ahwet el Rawda, the Golf Club in the sun, my mom, my mom, my mom, and my darling, darling dad. It's so difficult to be away. I know, I know, I should be grateful, and I am, honest, but I just needed to let off steam. I am sorry if I bored you with this entry. I promise the next one will be 'cheerful', inshallah.

Gotta go do nothing now,
see u soon,

mwah
Hala

11 comments:

Bigbro said...

OK OK now you let the steam out, FINE. I am all for that no problem. Lets get back to basics. You are doing FINE, Hamdilla, but lets not assume that we are back to normal, YET. There could be some ups and downs. You said its a rough ride. You are still doing great. These mishaps can or maybe shd happen! They only make you stronger. Small battles remember? We will win them yet we try to PREVENT THEM, if we can. Another proof that you are in good hands and that you are doing, Mashalla, well. Now get back on track and start on yr next HAPPY entry - SOON!!!

P.S. i never scold (good word for your scrable games!!) you. I just love you too much and care for you a bit more. Thats what makes me Bigbro!

More love. Salamtek. f

Dina said...

Habibti haloul .. don't worry about feeling down .. you are allowed one every once in a while .. this is just a small bump in the road .. inshallah it will pass and it will make you stronger.
Consider it a wake up call that it is still early and you should take it easy and let everyone pamper you and take care of you.
I hope you will feel better tomorrow and inshallah you will go home soon.
Love you, Dina.

Unknown said...

This blog is about love, friends, family!! so if you cannot let off steam here then where else??? I am sure you are missing your girls - oh so natural but its so great that you got to spend such a wonderful holiday with them without getting sick while they were there -- its a good thing it came only now!!!!! you will have off days I am sure -- but the important thing is to do like (wait for it but he is right) Fadi said - look at the picture as a whole - you are doing great recovery wise mashalah - everyday - however long and and boring is a day you can cross off and it means one day closer to being back home in Beirut!!!
hang in there you are a tough cookie!!!! (get it -- getting good like you with words - cookie - you work in cookies!!!)
hope today is a happy cheery day for you ---- keep positive,

taggy said...

halloulllti, you are a tough and yummy cookie... we love you and admire your courage and patiencewe love you whether you are depressed...happy..we love the good the bad and the UGLY hehe okay we prefere the happy good mood but be sure we are all ears when you want to let all out..as long as it doesnt last for long yalla SHAKE it off halloulll.

kisses to wiss and we are waiting for your next cheerful comment .

FADIIIIIIIIIIII we love you kaman big bro.

love , taggy and the girlzzzzzz

Rima said...

hello, my sweetie pie! I'm sorry you had this small setback, but like you said, at least it happened after the girls went home.
Grateful for small favours, right?

Habibti, I hope this is all behind you now. You do need to rest more, I'm sure everyone tells you the same thing, so please listen. Like Fadi wrote, prevention is key. I'm not lecturing, I promise, just chit-chatting.

Hope you're back home when you read this. And if you need another partner for scrabble, pick me, pick me!

Love you

hania said...

Hi hallol,
BACK!!! Miss my little share in your blog and here I am… what words I can say to lift you up dear… we understand this feeling… when you miss all your beloved… normal feeling… sure you would. But try to think that you are here now to be there later... to be home, very SOON inshalla. Days fly halloul…
However, Don’t worry, we love you all the way in your ups and downs… but hope no more downs habibti…
Put on your beautiful smile and start another winning day. You are doing great
h;

Cristina said...

Hey Hala where is your new positive entry? Me too I had a slight mishap few days ago, I am a bit depressed and I was hoping in your encouraging new message to raise my spirits!!

In my opinion your slight relapse was due to a mix of events: you spent and intensive lovely X-mas time with your daugthers then by a day to another your girls came back home, X-mas festivities ended leaving a big void which lowered your defences.... it's not a coincidence that you felt so good with your daugthers around you; when mind is free of worries, happy and peaceful also body is in good health so when you have your little moments downs just remember the lovely moments spent together which are not only good memories of a close past but also the projection of a near future!!
Look ahead, clench your teeth since these lovely moments are just ahead of you.

In forma

Cristina

Tala said...

habibteh Haloul,
I am most of the time, the INVISIBLE reader, as you might have guessed. When I read this post, I hugged you so strongly within my heart and whispered to you, it is ok to feel what you are feeling. Life is full of bumps..and you have a hard one to ride. As bigbro says YOU ARE DOING GREAT....Just keep walking and keep your spirits up. THis is THE must..POSITIVE...never stare too long into a negative thought or feeling. The universe is a quick receiver(remember the SECRET by Rhonda something?! I forget her name)
And just remember every second of the day, how much you are loved and cherished, how much you are precious and special to you at first and then to all those who love you soo dearly.
mwah..je t'aime...and do kiss Wisso habibeh for me... tell him how much I love him.
Y

Rima said...

love you, babe - thinking of you

oushi said...

my lovely strong cousin, no doubt... you are a hero, really fighting out your situation and you bite through everything (must have very good teeth, thank god no false teeth yet, he he he) . but to be honest... i was wondering when you would let out some steam. habibti, even heros are just humans ;-) at least at a fraction. as your family and friends we would like to know at any time if you are in a sad mood because we love you in ALL... with all your amazing strength and your tiny, little, rarely, once in a blue moon weakness AND of course we do love your funny phrases
so, keep on biting my dear :-)
LOVE you and your personal rock wiss for beeing a mount everest in these times

abu fadi said...

hala waynek. baadein maaek. wain el blog. sarr zaman.

salamat deeri balek.

abu fadi