Saturday, September 8, 2007

Zee opted for the crochet hat!

Poor thing, she freaked out when she first saw me almost "bald", despite mom's preparations and her sisters' encouragements. (Wiss and I had decided to shave it off since it was falling in industrial quantities. but i still have my eyebrows, and a few patches, so it's not that bad yet!)No, really, habibti Zee, she was very brave. soon enough she was hugging and touching my head, preferring the crocheted hat to the bandana... Funny thing kids' emotions! they surpass everything. Loulwa's reaction was, of course, "cool", the teenager that she is. Ammoura was a bit lost, trying to act brave and remembering the last time i had lost my hair and how odd that had made her feel. Thank God, the three girls seem to be ok with it now. i have explained a bit what's going on and have informed them that i would be away more often from home. They understand. They are good girls, habibati. Hope all goes for the best for them.

4 comments:

Rima said...

Hello, darling! This should be a good enough space to share this journey with you and Wiss - Love to all, and big kisses to the girls from all of us

lebanesa said...

Hope you don't mind me visiting, Hala. I love Rima and Neda, and Rima has told me all about you.
Wishing you strength, dear one. Enjoy your good times as hard as you can.

Artists With Artitude said...

You know, Hala, I agree: the kids need to know more or less, according to their own personalities. I remember when I told my son who was 5 years old at the time and it was such a relief to him as it was to us. His imagination (which was going full speed ahead)would have "filled in the gaps" in a bad way. Your children are very lucky to have you and Wiss be so wise :). Now,would you like a Stetson hat or a baseball cap from Texas? Haha!

Hala said...

Stetson, Stetson please, Neda, the bigger the better!