Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Serenity Now!!!!


There is something ironically serene about a hospital bed. Maybe cuz u feel u r in good hands, maybe it's cuz u know u can nag and get attention immediately, dunno what it is, but I do know that when I was in my hospital bed today, suddenly my anxieties were controlled. Now, why was I at hospital again today (considering I should have been at home for 2 weeks)? LP! Of course, LP, the ugly prick in the back that happens on days 1 and 8 of every cycle. Today's was scheduled beforehand, so Wiss and I headed to AUH at 10:00. The doctor came at 4:00!!! You can imagine my mood, waiting for the pain to arrive. Yet, it was ok. I was relatively calm in "the bed". Hamdilla, it went well and with no pain.

The other doc had also passed by us and delivered more good news on test results, hamdilla again and always. Now that doesn't mean anything is cancelled or changed, just that we have a better chance inshalla. I am not yet ready to talk about the next steps, so let's just leave it at that and go it one step at a time.

The picture I have attached is one of the earlier ones at hospital (no kidding!). I was on morphine then, and still with hair, hehe!


I would really like to thank Everyone who has written and is still writing or contributing to this blog. I would especially like to thank those wild photoshoppers for showing different sides of me. I'm sorry if i couldn't download all the illustrations, i am not that good at this. (Rima said she might help!) I am ecstatic to meet new people here as well as hear from those who have been sharing my life for the past 37 years. Please keep 'em coming. I am counting on all of you.

11 comments:

Dina said...

Haloul.
Glad things went well today. I hope the results of this LP are very reassuring as well. Keep your spirits high and have faith. My prayers and thoughts are always with you.
Love you,
Dina.

lebanesa said...

Lovely picture dear heart. Glad it didn't hurt and that news is good - hope this will continue, keep us posted when you have time and energy. Your trust in doctors is all to the good - positive emotions are so helpful in healing and health. You have all these mad bloggers rooting for you from around the world, in addition to all your loving family and friends - so all the vibes are good.
Love and hugs
xxxxx

hania said...

Hi h!
Hamdellea that ugly prick went with no pain today and that results are comforting.
Am really impressed by your ironic courage and that amazing spirit. Heard a lot about the wonderful little sis but I can believe now “no doubt” YOU ARE, h!
Love speaks for itself and fills every word that written about you… of your family your friends and our tummies!!! It’s a blessing.
Still have your cookies not eaten! Kids said: mumy, they are so beautiful to be eaten “haram”!!! Waiting for more of your creativitieS and yummieSSS…

Keep nourishing us with this crystal spirit and adorable cookies,
Keep walking with this unfacked baby smile,,,
God with us inshalla and we will beat this Dracula.

Love:
h

rabab Audi said...

Habibti Halloulti,

May God bless you as always and keep his eyes on you, you are a brave and a good fighter so beat them all the ALL LP & the BMT we care.
I was a little worried but now I am not cause I know my Halloul as a good beliver and achiver and God only helps who help himself.
As Teta use to tell us if God loved someone he makes his worshipers loves him, and here we thank God every single second you are surounded with loved ones and their prayers.

Keep up your faith
Love
Amto

Bobbie said...

Good news that your tests showed positive results. I am remembering you in my prayers and asking God to take especially good care of you. Keep smiling and keep the faith, Hala. God will bless you for it.

Debi said...

Darlin' Hala, I'm so glad today went better than you expected. Remember you've also got a Big Texas Team -- from East to West -- praying for you. We're sending oodles and oodles of love and wrapping thoughts of you in brilliant, healing light.

Hugs and kisses,
Debi

Tala said...

Bonjour Habibteh,
I hug you and kiss you sooo tenderly. Am glad to hear that you got reassuring LP results. hopefully you will go home soon, and all will be well.
You are surrounded by powerful LOVE feelings, coming to you from all around the world.
Be well habibteh...you are in my prayers every single second.
Love you. Am choosing another way to say be well, I will opte for BE HEALED
p.s Just to tell you...eventhough we are still in September....we have temperatures balancing between 0 and 3 degrees.....yeeeha...welcome to Norway :(

Tala said...

psstttt...one question, if you have the energy to answer me: HOW DO I DOWNLOAD a photo to send it to you on the blog? Sorrrrrrrrrrryyyy, but am so new to this.
Kisses

Unknown said...

only those with a clear conscience sleep deep.. ah well, you should see the bags under my eyes these days!
how wonderful is this blog??!! and how wonderful are all the people who write in it??? i myself look forward to opening it everyday and reading all the comments. and i am not one who likes this sort of thing. i will forever hate and possible be very aggressive towards anyone who will send me an invitation to join Facebook or anything similar!
But this is fun! it is not chat! it is pure distilled love pouring for 'Imm Elloul'! pouring Light into Light.
it is a United Nations! just look at where those entries come from! Texas, Amman, Norway(Tala, go put on an extra pair of socks!), Dubai, ..wow!
i like to read the comments and try and imagine their author. what they look like? what where they doing just before they logged on? what are they doing during? where are they sitting? kitchen table, bed, desk?? fascinating. if you do that halloul, you will find stories within a story.
Happy day-dreams!

rabab Audi said...

Habibti Halloul,
I miss you so much why are you being such a miser on us, two days now ma abartina I mean you did not consider us waiting for your lovely diary, we need to hear you eneryday, like Sabsoub said I always hated this kind of chating or whatever you call it, but I cannot wait every minute free to check if you have written something for i know it is a beautifull releasing system for you and us.
Keep us posted please.
Amto

Tala said...

Bonjour Habibteh, Mwah, je t'embrasse tres fort.
How are you today? I knew from Mami that you are HOME again. Alhamdilah..always.
Hey Cyba, (you made me laugh) thanks for the advice...but, I would rather wait until it is minus 25 to put extra socks...otherwise..I will be like a walking winter warderobe buy then.
Love and kisses to all those on this blog.
Remember Haloul, everyday in everyway, you are better. Mwah