Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Newly Plucked Eyebrows and other stories!


Yes, I finally plucked my eyebrows. There were tons of them (steroids, mish shatara minni!). I tried my best to do a good job at 'drawing' them, but it's difficult when u have to do it with shaky hands and dry fingertips! Anyway, that's the first attempt. I still have a lot of facial hair, but now that the doc's reduced my Prednisolone, I am desperately waiting for them to fall off.
Oh, and guess what??? I wore MASCARA!!! Meena, my 18-year-old bubbuly niece, bless her, took me shopping yesterday. We tried on some mascara from her favourite make (benefit) and I just fell in love with their products, and esp the packaging!!! So, I ended up buying make-up, yaaayyyy! And they ALL have funky names, for instance, Some kind-a gorgeous foundation, bad gal lash mascara and Honey, snap out of it facial scrub!!! I am very happy with my new purchase, esp that I haven't worn make-up in ages and that I'd left my case back home. So, I figured, if I'm gonna start anew, I'd better do it in style!!!
Seeing that I had lost a whole lotta weight and that my jeans are way too loose, Meena also took me jeans shopping. She has a peculiar taste and opinion about jeans, so I had to try on a million pairs until we finally decided on one. They're niiiiiccceee!!! I should put on my new make-up and new jeans and take a photo and show you the new and improved me!
I am feeling much better, hamdillah, and my energy is coming back full blast. At the same time, Zee is losing hers which makes it a bit difficult on us. Habibti, she is becoming more moody by the minute, she doesn't feel like doing much even when it's a glorious day outside. She doesn't want to ride the bike or the scooter, or go to the park... She only sometimes wants to go down to the High Street and buy herself something (to2borni tal3a la imma!) She also enjoys helping me cook, so we're doing a lot of that (well, I have to since mommy's gone, min gheir sharr, and I have to feed the family!!!) But it's been a lot of fun, esp that I have an open hotline with mom!!! hehe!!!

Speaking of food, I gotta go have dinner (Wiss has prepared a surprise!) I usually only take care of one meal, too tired to prepare dinner, so Wisso takes care of that, habibi!

Catch u l8r guys,
mwah
Hala

13 comments:

Tala said...

Habibteh Haloul,
you look great, and so does Zee, habibteh. I love your eye brows, we have to drop Mahmoud and go to you now...wow, great job, am impressed ( Hey, if anyone knows Mahmoud, don't you go and tell him..lol
Shoo tabkha, ma iltilna?
Love you tons, and miss you more.
Alf alhamdilah for your energy. Keep walking habibi. Praying for all of you.
XOXO

Halazeine said...

HI Haloul,
Hope Zee gets her energy back, I am sure she will :-)
I have a few hints on the cutting..
for onions it is hardest not to cut your fingers because you tear up when you cut. Best thing is to run cold (freezing cold) water on the onion before you peel and cut. You never shed a tear again over an onion and the smell goes away...
The smell of the onion and garlic goes away with cold water and stainless steel.
Finally, you never cut your fingers if you are working with a super sharp knife because then you never force anything to cut, even the hardest things (carrots, celery, etc) cut like butter.
Ever since Aunti Haydroun bought me this amazing large knife set i never again cut my fingers and I keep those big babies sharpened.
Enjoy the cooking and bonding time with Zee and Wisam.
Love you all
Hala

Bobbie said...

So good seeing your photo here with the dark eyebrows and you are starting to look like your impish self :) I do hope that Zee's time of feeling tired and worn out goes by quickly and that she is soon as perky as her mom. God bless you and your family.

Dina said...

Habibti,
Glad you are getting back to being YOU .. you can feel it from your words not just the picture .. great to talk about normal stuff and do regular things .. cooking, shopping and plucking eyebrows .. inshallah everything will be back to normal in now time.
As for Zee, she will need some time but I am sure she is on her way too.
Kisses to YOU and ZEE and my favorite guy WISS.
Dina.

Unknown said...

Hey mabrook the plucking!!! I must admit looking good!!! I am sure a bit or girly shopping had tons to do with that!!! Habibti zeena I am sure she will be back on form pretty soon just like her mum -- just give her time habibti! In the meanwhile indulge in shopping and spoil her rotten!! Hee hee - I love spoiling my kids.\Tell her she seems to be doing a great job with the potatoes -- she makes a great assisstant chef!
have a fun day --
Tammy

Ramzi & Reem Ghannoum said...

way to go girl!! Good for you, and you look great in the photo. Keep it up goreous. I hope Zee feels better soon, she looks so cute peeling potatoes. Yeah, what's for lunch today? You're making us hungry. kisses

Unknown said...

Hey halloul
So great to hear your are feeling better and more energetic. Take it easy on the make up we don't want those 'suttoners' to lose their minds!! Don't worry about zee she is a fighter like her mom and hopefully she will get her energy back very soon.
I miss you a lot. Big Kiss to you and the gang.
God bless. Mwah

Zena said...

you look GREAT, you did a very good job on those eyebrows!! Its soo good to read happiness in your blog!! I hope Zee gets better sooooooooner than soon. I am still lighting that candle for you every night. Big Hugz
Zena

tiger said...

hair or no hair
eyebrows or no eyebrows
you rule!

and .. speaking of kibbe ..

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18547399&sc=emaf

read this article. interesting.

Unknown said...

Hey Hala ;-) ur lookin good girl! The eyebrows FINALLY ICAN C THEM LOL!!!

Zee habibti...give her a big hug from me even if she does not know me but I think I have a perfect guy for her...my son Ghazi he is 6 and a strong fascinating guy...am sure she will like him...Yalla u both get better I want my brownies and I want to introduce Zee to Ghazi...

Hugs and kisses and keep te love flowing

Unknown said...

hi love how are ... u n zee look lovely as ever .. miss u both ... n god bless .. send my love to weiss n the family XXX

Rima said...

You are lovely, plucked or unplucked!
I hope Zee will not feel so miserable all week - inshallah, she'll regain some energy by resting and getting hugs and mommy-love.
habibati, you are always on my mind
love to all

oushi said...

hey, lady... good to hear and see that you are back enjoying yourself. its a blessing that you have the energy to support zee. i hope she'll get thru fast.
love you very much!!!
please say a warm hello to wissam - your rock, hero and chef :-)