Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am hungry again, yay! (I think?!!)


Morphine ya morphine. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Man, they're uncountable! It is absolutely amazing!!! The improvement from last night to tonight was gradual, slowly but surely, but at least now I can swallow a bit and the cramps have diminshed considerably (thank you, God!)

They had come to see me in the morning after a long, rough night and decided to double the morphine and asked if I minded?! Me mind, morphine? yeeha! It's a pity though that I am not experiencing any halucinations or anything. The doc asked if I was having nightmares, but that's a negative too, hamdilla. So, basically, it is reducing pain and making me sleepy! (check out the pic above. I am on morphine and thus sleepy, fhemna, tayyeb, bas Wiss shoo??? u must be asking yrselves! Those who know wisso know that he will take any opportunity to nap no matter how, where, when... Plus don't forget the load he is carrying habibi. he must be exhausted! Ya3teeh alf 3afieh.

Right now I am trying to have a piece of blueberry muffin with a drink of Ribena (typical English), but they r still difficult to swallow with all the ulcers in my mouth, so I guess I will celebrate going back to food tomoro, insghallah (or else they will put a food drip on me, and I, the gourmande, would never accept to be fed via a tube. eeeeeewwwwwwww!!!)

Again, thank you Fadi for taking over last night. I woulda depressed your socks off had I written instead of him!

OK, so day +7 and the counts are still not flat! They're at 200. Yalla they should go down, so their relatives (fadi's cells) can replace them. I am so possessive and clingy. I cannot get my own cells to leave me even if it means a better life for me. what kind of sicko am I?

Maalesh as long as there is no, or at least some bearable pain, I don't care how long the cells will take to engraft. Let's just hope I get to leave the hospital by x-mas eve (again Cyba make a killer turkey dinner!)

Awright kiddos, adios, a domani, a toute, tou re lu....

Keep them prayers coming, I'm sure they had something to do with my feeling better today!

love you all

H

7 comments:

Bigbro said...

The title should have said "Guess who took the morphine shot?!!" See why they doubled the dose?? Wisso must have been STEALING something off the meds tray??!!! Even if so, we are brothers in arms here and we shd split ALL gains EQUALLY between us, NO?? Cheers!! f

Cristina said...

...how tenderly is this picture!! if this is morphine's effect, why don't assume it regulary?? if it wasn't for the frame around, it seems you are sunbathing on a tropical island beach... maybe next time we can create a little photomontage...!!
Have a nice day
Cristina

Bobbie said...

So glad morphine is doing the trick, with nice side effects no less! I am praying as I write that one little Fadi cell will be come two little Fadi's and so on till you are indeed Fadi :) Thank you God for all you have done and continue to do for Hala.

taggy said...

hello tough cookie, hope you are feeling better today ,,, u and wisso look sooo sweet keep em pics coming and your nice touchy words...wallah ya cyba first time i know that she is that good a cook. "he he what a sentence" yummy tell me whats the expected menu for x-mas so we could double our prayers ;). haloul by the way IT WAS THE OVEN !!!!! i fixed it and the cakes are great again..you shouldve seen the comparison of my orange cake with deena's giant choclate cookie..or was it supposed to be a cake hehe..dont kill me dina LOLzz. love you halloulllllllllllllllllll yalla bounce back ;)

Dina said...

Haloul,
Hope you had a good day. Thank u for your msg to Yara. She loves you .. you know that. The birthday was crazy till really late. And the fun continued with a lot of cleaning up today .. hehe.
The cake was not too great and the cookies and cupcakes .. horrible .. rabab was shocked. Last time I go for CHEAP .. hehe.
I hope to see you online tonight to chat .. more details to come.
Love you,
Dina.

Rima said...

You're so sweet - thanks for coming back online! Yay, hungry again, of course it's a good sign!
BTW, that nap-anywhere-anytime? it's heredity, his uncle is worse. Love ya - can you please send us a mailing address?

zeenam said...

hala from yr blogs you sound great and in great spirits ...Hamdallah !!!!

i had the pleasure of spending 2 weeks high on morphine last year with my spinal injury
eeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
I remember giggling alot and sleeping even more.. not a bad way to pass the time

we will be off to beirut dec. 25 so if there is anything we can bring to yr trio princesses in beirut let me know - can you give me the number where they are. I am in beirut for 4 days so i want to see them - mirwan and fouad also will be there so we can have lunch/dinnner with them - they should be on winter break right?

Love to you Hala and keep the spirits up - you r an inspiration to all