Monday, November 26, 2007

Speak to me not of food!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, cramps... yummy!
Sorry didn't write last night (obviously for the above reasons!) I hope I didn't scare or disappoint some of you regulars. It's gonna be like this for about a couple of weeks now, so don't get impatient on me now. The symptoms will probably get worse this week, so I might not even write at all for a few days. It's all fine as long as there is medication for the pain. I had a rough weekend bec it had taken them some time to regulated the dosage of the meds. Hope it works well from now on.
The white counts are quite low today: 400 but hamdillah I don't feel it. Plus, the fact that there is no isolation or masks or anything required here makes it much easier. We just have to make sure noone with the flu comes over to visit!
Lara came over from Paris, or should I say Mama Noel? She brought tons of stuff from Beirut, including drawings by my daughters, habibati. I decorated the room with them and printed out some pix too and hung them on the walls. I'll take pictures and post them soon.
Right now, amid cramps, I am waiting for Food Poker to come on. At least some routine in my life!
Bye for now, perhaps I'll write again later tonight.
Awaiting your comments,
mwah,
H

10 comments:

Dina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dina said...

Haloul,
Great to hear from you. I have been checking regularly since yesterday and started to worry.
I am sorry you are having a YUCKY time .. I hope it will get easier .. hey .. you might come out of this in a couple of weeks .. completely healthy (inshallah) and skinny .. yay.
Love you and don't worry about not writing will check with the troops that all is well.
Hope you have a good night,
Dina.

Rima said...

Salamtek! Hope things get better very soon
Love

Bobbie said...

Hang in there Hala! Even though my internet was down and could not post for five days, I remembered you in my prayers and sent good wishes to you anyway. Bless and keep you, my dear.

Ramzi & Reem Ghannoum said...

Hala sweetie, we're with you every step of the way. Hang in there! You are on our minds and in our prayers all the time. Hope you get over the yucky stuff soon. kisses

Unknown said...

Hey Hala sorry to hear its been rough on you but hey remember teh outcome at the end and its worth it!! Dont worry at all about writing up -- just concentrate on you -- this is your time to be as selfish as you want, you should not be thinking about anyone else - take your time to rest up and drop us a few lines when you are up to it -- till then keep warm and tons of prayers still coming your way

rabab Audi said...

Hi Louliti,

Keep drinking ginger and mryameh if you can, also keep writting to us we are attached to you thru it.
writting will take out our and your worries, please do not give us a hard time waiting, we love you so much I missed Bobbies comments they are full of faith and love also Francies where are you, may God bless them all for their nice encouraging ideas.
Teta use to say if God loved some one he makes his creatures love him, so thanks God again you are doing fine and all of this will pass and be forgotten soon.
Keep healling we all love you.
Rebbo

rabab Audi said...

Hi Louliti,

Keep drinking ginger and mryameh if you can, also keep writting to us we are attached to you thru it.
writting will take out our and your worries, please do not give us a hard time waiting, we love you so much I missed Bobbies comments they are full of faith and love also Francies where are you, may God bless them all for their nice encouraging ideas.
Teta use to say if God loved some one he makes his creatures love him, so thanks God again you are doing fine and all of this will pass and be forgotten soon.
Keep healling we all love you.
Rebbo

taggy said...

haloulti , habibti...am so glad that you wrote you had us a bit worried but do not worry you are excused and elmohem that you are okay and everything is going well. i know its hard and no one would really know whats its like but as everybody else is saying whats important is what will come out of it in the end....remember it will later be just a memory and it will pass just enjoy being pampered hang in there karoumeh is waiting for you...you should see her she is taboosheh 3aj3oojeh soo cuteeee edible.....wonder whose genes is it ...akeed not the audis we are all sympatique ;).

love you

Cristina said...

How is now your personalized hospital's room? Good idea to decorate its bare walls with the drawings of your daugthers!! I think that the same room you described as "not luxurious" is now better than a five star hotel's suite!! Your daughters guessed the right therapy... I bet that their drawings relieve all your sufferings.... we wait to see the masterpieces of your little "Picasso" !!
I really hope today you feel better.
Take care
Cristina