Saturday, May 3, 2008

And it lingers...





The SUN, that is. Hamdillah, we finally had a WARM, sunny day today. We took advantage of the weather and went to London probably for the last time this season. So, we took the "last train to London" around 11:00 and headed to High Street Kensington for some shopping. After about an hour, we decided it was too lovely a day to spend like that, so, we headed to Chelsea Farmers' Market for lunch. We sat OUTSIDE, in the sun. Hallelujah! Then, after that we headed to Duke of York Square on The King's Road, a wonderful new space with shops, restaurants, cafes, live music and a food market. It was great to be out and about, mingling with ALL the Londoners, none of whom is actually British! The only downfall to the whole trip were the Lebanese girls we saw at the restaurant. You could spot them from a mile. They ALL look the same, they have puffed up lips and blondish hair, big designer handbags and a snubbish attitude! What a pity that this is how we present to the world!

Anyway, to wrap up a really nice day, we took Zee to Hyde Park to feed the ducks in the lake. However, Zee was very surprised when the ducks didn't eat her 'crisps', hehe. We just lay there, drinking in the warmth, bidding farewell to this wonderful city, and probably this 'lucky' weather!

A week ago, I couldn't wait to get back home. Now, I kinda feel bad that I am. Actually, not bad, but sad. London's been good to me. It has witnessed (and facilitated) my rebirth. Yes, I have TWO birthdays now. Do you think they will give me a British passport??? I don't think so!

London, or Sutton in London, has become my second home. I sure am going to miss it. I'm going to miss the 'bloody' English, and their weird sense of humour, and their excessive politeness, and their technology, and their and their and their... Yalla, baseeta. Thank God I need to come back for check-ups every three months! Isn't it ironic that I only got to enjoy London right before I left it? (Oh, did I mention I'm going home in FOUR days?????) YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!


Here's to more visits to London, free of headaches and worries and bad weather, hopefully.

mwah,


halalujah!!!!!


14 comments:

SOSCRAPPED said...

By hook or by crook I'll be first to post in your book!!!

Glad to see you had a great day.. Yalla start packing Beirut is awaiting!!!

Have a safe trip Hala, looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Hugs and Kisses from rainy Montreal!

lebanesa said...

yay
glad to hear it's all working out and you are off home so soon.
Keep well and let your fans know how you are going.
love and hugs from the South West

Bobbie said...

Yea, yea, yea! Home again :) Ahhh..the place you can finally feel at home. So glad you made it :)

Unknown said...

Beirut is waiting for you dudette! Love. HalaRaad

Bhutantrekking said...

yay Hala, wiss and zee....I am so very happy for you. your long awaited day is finally coming; and nothing better than to leave london on a positive note. I have been following your blog from day 1 and can only admire you for all your strenth during such hard times. even during those times, you stayed positive....hope to see you soon. have a gr8 trip back. kisses and hugs

Unknown said...

Just realized there is another Tamara -- hee hee -- yella start pakcing up --- cant believe you will be home in four days - like I told you I went to Beirut for labour day weekend (took your advise and had great day at edde sands Beach) and I was thinking about you a lot there and thinking how you and all your friends and family would be feeling the day you get back home -- I will be with you in spirit I promise --
lovely day in London -- feeding the ducks my all time favourite!
God bless you ---
Tammy

Sarah's Bag said...

yaaay!!!!
It is soo gooood we can't wait to have you.finally you will get your purple jacket back!

the nice weather is here.
the lebanese girls with their blond hair and plump lips and huge handbags are here ....all waiting for you...YALLA COME!

Cristina said...

So the last day in Sutton has arrived and it is time to draw conclusions and to say goodbyes.

Finally!!! you will say but I am sure that a little tear will fall from your eyes by today despite what is waiting for you in Beirut is much more precious.

I sent you a nice song, a "New Soul" just to immortalize this important moment and witness once more your re-birth.

Enjoy it and give us all details of your farewell to Sutton asap.

Thanksssssssss

Cristina

Rima said...

You are such a girl! fickle, fickle, fickle! :D ... just kidding of course! I've been reading but not commenting, because it's usually very late and I'm exhausted - so I can tell how much better things are looking in springtime Sutton. You look great, like you're ready to take the world on again. Zee looks like she really enjoyed the sunny break, habibti. And of course, that shot of Wisso drinking in the rays is priceless!
It's been a looooong journey, my loves, and yes, it's not over yet, but as we say - rah lekteer...
Stay strong, and know that even if people come in and out of this virtual space, you are always, always, always in our thoughts. Now get ready for a Canadian vacation, your guestroom awaits!
love and hugs and kisses

Unknown said...

happy to hear the good news ... i wish i can be in beirut to meet u there .. i will try to be there soon ... kisses to u n the family .. bye love

Zena said...

.. you look absolutely fabulous!!!

Have a great trip back home and do keep us posted.. your blog has become like an addiction to me.. am glad that chapter of your life is over though.. bonne voyage xxxx

Mazen Khaled said...

Great to see your beautiful smiles.

ZanBarrage said...

Where are you? I am on the road and can't call you from here. Did you guys lesve the UK?

Unknown said...

Hey Hala habibti -- its Tammy again -- heard you are back home -- will not mention the political mess cause I just want to cocentrate on the fact that you are finally home with your lovely family!!! Peace inshalah for all.