Saturday, May 10, 2008

Home Away From Home!!!

Oui, I am home! I had a lovely, warm welcoming, with huge fireworks and lit streets and some kinda 'magic' in the air! We arrived at the airport in Beirut around 8:00 pm last Wednesday, right in the midst of all the frenzy! Noone was allowed to enter the premises, so some friends had to go to hell and back to get us out of there safely. Hamdillah, about an hour and a half or so later, we arrived to our house. The minute I stepped in, a wave of warmth swept ALL over me! I had forgotten how coulourful and cozy my house was. I immediately felt relief, regardless of what was going on outside. And a lot was going on outside!

The next day was even worse. We only managed to go to the hospital to see Zeena's new doctor, the one who will be taking care of her from now on. We took an appointment for next week, and hopefully she will resume her treatment on Thursday (according to the same British Protocol).

At night, the situation around us became very annoying. The girls were scared of the sounds, and we were worried about what might happen. So, we packed a bag and planned to leave for Broummana; however, we couldn't leave the house. We were surrounded by militiamen who weren't letting anyone go out or into the area.

Yesterday, it was sort of quieter, so mom and dad passed by us and we followed them ALL the way up to Broummana. We are there now. It's frustrating for me, I must say. I still feel that I am a prisoner, although I must be thankful that I am safe and with my whole family. I would have gone crazy had I been stuck in Sutton with no way back to my girls!

And to top it ALL, it's COLD!!!!! Yes, VERY COLD!!!! I was looking forward to the sun and the beach and the t-shirts! Well, I guess that'll have to wait a while. Maalesh, inshallah this thing will be over soon, and I can go back home, to my bed, to my sofa, to my sea and my sun.

Thanks to ALL those who sent emails and messages asking about us in this silly 'war'. Sorry couldn't reply earlier, but had no internet connection in Beirut. Welcome back!!!

later dudes,
Hala

8 comments:

taggy said...

halloulllllllllll am so glad things are well with you ,,wallahi you made me laugh out loud twice , ma girlzz thought i was nuts or something...first because of the fireworks welcome ;) and the weather being cold...but as i always say Everthing eventually will be alright ma haik...am sure its a bless being together as a family in this lousy situation but inshalla it will be over soon...something to look forward to..if things get worse inshallah la ...yalla we are waiting for you here in amman...intoo kilkon ..kissses for wiss and the girlz and akeed amo adib and aunty

love you
taggy and the girlzzzzzzz

Bobbie said...

You find humor no matter where you are and make it seem so fun, but I know it is not. Be safe and God bless and keep you all safe.

lebanesa said...

Say hi to Brummana for me.
Glad you are all okay and managed to get away from the noise and danger and stress. The last thing you convalescing ladies need.
Keep us informed.
love and hugs

Unknown said...

Trust you to look at the funny side of your arrival!! Grand arrival that is!!!! Important thing is that you are safe with your lovely girls, like you said, you would have gone crazy in Sutton with the situation as is -- thank God things are calming down and before you know it you will be back on your sofa in your warm home!! Till then, keep safe, hug your girls and have a peaceful day!!

Rima said...

i'm glad you're ok - and really, really, really mad at everything else. love you guys.

Cristina said...

Welcome back Hala!! ... at least you are in your country with the rest of the family and you can see what exactly it is happening.... and then if everything was good how could you feel homesickness for Sutton??? maybe it is a bit early to speak about it....

Don't worry, soon everything will be back to normal... with the Italian military to restor the order.....it's a guarantee... (good luck)!!!!

Enjoy every moment with your family, even if with some worries, you have been far too much, don't let nothing upset this magic moment!!

Have a nice day

Cristina

Unknown said...

Hallhoul... i am so glad ur back..believe me u were the 1st i thought of when the airport closed and said shit Hala wants to come back!!! great to hear ur back to the fun of beirut... me too am here with the family...i came for two weeks of holiday and relaxation!!! crazy me..lol

will call u and check on u... welcome back home.

HUGS

Mazen Khaled said...

7amdilla 3a salemtkon. Stay safe.