Monday, April 28, 2008

Here Comes the Sun...


Everybody sing along now, "Here comes the sun, little darling. Here comes the sun, and I say: It's ALLright, ta ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra...
You can tell from my new sunglasses and the smile on MY FACE that the sun has finally arrived in good ol' Sutton! And I'm not just talking about the hot star! I feel much better than I did when I wrote my last blog entry. Actually I want to thank ALL those who commented and emailed and called to support me and give me an extra push. I also want to thank those who called to scold me and shake me into the 'Real Reality', which is that I really have come very far and I thank God (and Potter) everyday for that. I am also very lucky to have family and friends supporting me and Wiss and Zee beside me guiding me through it, even if Zee has the misfortune to experience some hardships along the way. Issokay, we will pull through. We will keep walking side by side, and we will overcome ALL hurdles, God willing.

For those who were wondering, the test results came out today. They were excellent, hamdillah. 100% donor cells. Way to go Fadi!!! Yaaaayyy!!! The doc is very happy with me and has stopped 2 more medications AND has allowed me to go home!!! (Oh and he assured me that I will no longer be fertile, so hurrah for unprotected sex!!! Yaaaayyyy!) (Now, you didn't really need to know that! Sorry, mom, dad!!!)

But that'll have to wait a little bit, cuz after a couple of hours on the phone with Home Office, I finally withdrew my application and asked them to post back my passport cuz that was the only way I could get back home in this century! I lost the fee, toz. I will have to get a visa for my next visit from Beirut, baseeta. Hopefully it'll go well and ALL will be fine. So, fingers crossed, I am hoping to be back in "Ten working days"!!!! (mind you, just to add to my misery, Monday is bank holiday, and thus doesn't count! {that's for those of you who have started calculating dates!!}) Aiming for mid May, people, ceteris paribus. (is that how they spell it?)

On a brighter note, Zee is also feeling much better, habibti. Her counts are better today, and she is hyper hyper! She even ate the eggplant dish I cooked for us for lunch!

Now, before I retire to my highly uncomfortable bed, I just really want to thank those 'fans' or 'groupies' or 'newly-acquired friends' whom I have never met (or haven't seen in ages) and who have been supporting me throughout this journey. Your comments have made a big difference in my fight against this horrible, merciless illness! Thank you. I love you ALL!!!!!!!

nighty night,
mwah
H

21 comments:

Bobbie said...

Wonderful news. The best! You can't imagine how happy this makes me feel for you. God bless you and keep you and heal little Zee quickly.

Unknown said...

yaayaayaaaiiiie -- love the sun, love the glasses and girl you are looking GOOD!!! Welcome back and honestly I wish I lived in Beirut to welcome you back home!!!!! You have done well and yippee now the countdown starts for you!!! start packing up === last minute shopping and the fun of planning a trip back home!!!
We have developed this blog frienship and i like it -- inshalha it will continue (the friendship) under much better healthy circumstances!!
Have a great happy positive day
Kissses to all of you
Happy for you Tammy

lebanesa said...

Yay yay yay - hurrah and hurray
Glad you have come out of the Doldrums.
Good news about the cells. Brilliant!
So you found a practical solution for the passport. Things are looking good.
Glad baby is doing better. That must be a huge relief.

Bigbro said...

Dont ever dare insult or mistrust my cells again!! We take it personal! Welcome back baby. Bigbro

SOSCRAPPED said...

THATS THE SPIRIT!!!! YAAAAYYYYYY!!!! So happy for you all. You have made my day!

I'll be back in Beirut on June 15th. Will give u a call and hook up with you for a coffe somewhere in the sun!! So looking forward to seeing you again and in great shape too!!

Unknown said...

mabrouk haloul ... way to go u did it i love u n love weiss kiss zee for me hope to meet up with u in beirut ... bye hayati

Unknown said...

Hi hala!!!It's noura from the choir :) i recently heard about your blog..euh i know it's a bit late hehe....it's just so nice to hear from you good news...keep up with the "good hala spirit"!!!The choir misses u a lot!take care XXX

Tala said...

Youpiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
al hamdoulilah,
Hold on sweetheart, all is getting better and better, you are coming home to HOT HOT HOT Beirut, The hugest construction site you will ever see and the traffic jam and the fawda, and the bus that stops in the middle of the road to buy a mankousheh...and..all that we nag about, but how much we love and miss(ed).
Habibti, love you tons, huge hugs and kisses to you all. May god bless you in all ways.

Cristina said...

What a wonderful news Hala!! It is nice to read again “your smile”!!

It seems it has been a long journey but only few months have passed and if you look back you can see only successes and wins.

You thank God, doctor, family, friends but the real winner is only you!! ....maybe a little thanks could be for those cells...

You have been at the same time a brave fighter, a great supporter and a lovely mamma. Who could bear all this?? You deserve this win and now enjoy the good effects of your efforts.

….but now that you are planning your return in Beirut and soon you will be sucked into the daily routine please do not forget the blog, now I can't help it!!

Ciao ciao

Cristina

Rola's blog said...

Oh my God!!! I was so scarred & didn't know what to write or say...I am so glad that you reappeared today with such gr8 news about you & Zee. You look so beautiful in this picture...Even before I read "Here comes the sun", I knew that this time, the news would be good (just by looking at the pic). Yalla champ, kiss GB good bye & come back home with your baby...Hugs, Rola

taggy said...

wowwwwwwww yipeeeeeeeeee halloulllllll am so happy to hear ALL the good news...and aham sheeee YOU LOOK GREAT AND SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL habibti...love you and zee and wissooo...

taggy said...

Hala lets see if we wanna make a movie about you? who would play would u like to play you? and wisso? wallah it will be a BIG HIT you are an amazing woman and you deserve the BESTEST of the BEST...love you kteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

Unknown said...

yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!! What a wonderful news! Keeping our prayers and our fingers crossed!! So looking forward to seeing you and eating delicious brownies!! Love to one and all.HalaRaad

Unknown said...

PS: Nice look dudette! Guess that Beirut will have to handle all that fashion blast :)Love.HalaRaad

Unknown said...

The sun has indeeed shined in sutton...becuase that kewl look is just amazing...love the glasses, the earrings, the lipstick!!! God ur looking good girl!!!

I am in Beirut as of tomorrow for two weeks yayyyyyy!! hope u will be back by mid May so we can finally meet after more than 15 years I should say...

Love and kisses to you ALL

Sarah's Bag said...

IT is soooo good news!!!
habibte you deserve some good news
kisses to Zee and the amazing wiss.

Ramzi & Reem Ghannoum said...

sooo good to see your gleaming face and postive attitude. Mabrouk, you made it through and look how good you look! God keep you happy and healthy and full of good spirits. I pray to God for you and Zee to healthy and happy,

Zena said...

sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.. hope you will always stay happy and positive.. your journey was long and hard and you are still smiling.. that is the most amazing thing... though i must tell you that this is going to be the longest week ever.. time will go slowly as it always does when we are waiting for something great to happen.. so enjoy there while you are there cause there is not there ... THERE.. I am just happy for you.. hugzzz to you and Zee and Wissam..
lots of love
xxx
Zena

lino said...

The best news ever, we are waiting...with open arms.

Unknown said...

khayyyyyy.......the 100 % Hala has resurfaced after that reality check..Must say that i was very moved by the reality check but am so so glad to find myself singing 'here comes the sun'.
huge thanks to Bigbros cells and prayers for them to keep up their miraculous progress.As for Zee,she cannot fall far from the apple tree and wiss and you are just the most supportive parents.
We cant wait to have you back home,comfy bed,best housekeeper and business director on hand,sfouf and burgers galore ! Tons of hugs and kisses

Joy Logan said...

So glad it's all ok with you!