Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Only Way is Up!

Six months post transplant and things are already looking up. I celebrated my birthday with family and close friends a couple of days ago (thanks for ALL the wishes!) and ever since then everything seems to fall in place. The Lebanese have finally agreed to agree. I am getting better by the day. Zee is doing well with her treatment. AND David Cook has won American Idol!!! What else can I possibly ask for?

Yes, I am finally home. Yes, I saw the sea, and smelled the gardenas, and felt the warmth of the sun, and tasted the hommos, and heard the bombs! There's no place like home.

Lord knows what He has in store for me next, but meanwhile, I shall live each day to the fullest. I shall be thankful and appreciative of ALL the good things around me. I shall look forward to every sunset and impatiently await every sunrise. I shall hope and pray for a quick and painless recovery for Zee and I shall spend more time with people who mean the world to me.

Goodbye princes and princesses,
Till we meet again (or till I get another inspiring idea to add to this blog!)

love u tons,
mwah,

Hala

8 comments:

Dina said...

Habibti Haloul,
Inshallah things will keep looking up and getting better and better.
If anyone deserves it, then that's you habibti. You have made us all appreciate every single blessing in our lives, especially our loved ones. We are so lucky to have you as part of our family and as a friend to us all.
All the best in everything you do, we are all waiting to see what you will do next and I am sure it will be amazing.
Can't wait to see you this summer in our beloved Beirut.
Love you, Dina.

Bobbie said...

I am so happy to hear you looking forward to your life. You are a survivor and you enriched my life my knowing and seeing you recover. God bless you and many, many happy days as God wills them.

Unknown said...

Our dearest hala

You are truly an inspiration to all of us!! One should really slow down, smell the gardenias, enjoy the present, watch sunrises and like you said treasure every minute with loved ones and live life to the full!!! you have taught us tons through this ordeal of yours and have given us a good lesson in life!! My you continue going up up up up always --- our love to you and zee and all around you!! One thing we ask though when things settle down is to start on that book!! we ar all waiting anxiously.
love, hugs and kisses
Tammy

Zena said...

yes.. everything is falling into place.. I hope the sun will always shine at your doorstep...its going to be hard not coming in here and reading words of hope and wisdom and faith.. turn this blog into a book so the whole world can learn from you..

You SHINE
xxx
Zena

Unknown said...

Dearest Hala, seems like your signing off on this blog???? well not that fast girl!! we need to be weaned off it slowly...we wanna hear what u have been up to all the good news, all the cafe's the cookies, the BROWNIES and much much more....the past few months have seen ur ups and downs and ours too...but through it all we stuck together in some form or shape, we prayed, got angry, prayed some more, laughed, cried and then prayed some more...but through it all i know I kept my faith in the GOD I believe in and in you becuase it was obvious ur not giving up then, now or ever...

Not sure when I will be in Beirut next but whenever that is I want my brownies made by you and no one else...I still pray for you and Zee and everyone else who needs a prayer or wants one anyway!!

I thank you for being an inspiration and look forward to your book coming out in a store near you (hint hint...)

I leave you now and wish you all the best becuase you simply deserve it...you are worthy of LIFE just as LIFE is worthy of you.

GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS

lebanesa said...

hope all is goine well.
glad things are on the up for you

Ramzi & Reem Ghannoum said...

Hala, I am so happy for you and you made it happen! God bless you and keep you happy and healthy!

Joy Logan said...

Peace be with you!