Saturday, March 22, 2008

Look Who's Here!!!!!


The girls are here! The girls are here!! Yay! Yay!!! The girls are here!!!!
Finally, I get to see them. It's been ages! I hadn't seen them since last January and I was beginning to feel like a fish out of water.
It's true it took less than 24 hours for me to start shouting and scolding, but at least it feels normal again. I have my girls with me and I can shout and scold all I want! And kiss and hug and cuddle and and and...
It's been a real fiesta here; cooking, singing, dancing, playing games, walking down the High Street, shopping... Hamdillah, I feel busy and useful again.
The doctors have begun to cut down my meds, which is great cuz that means I can go home when I've stopped them. Hope I don't get any side effects from that. I've already got swollen feet again, but I hope that'll go away when I start walking again. (Oh, we've been stuck in the house for a while now because it's freakin' cold, freezing!!!)
Meena and Rabab are here too, and they've been a lot of fun (and help). The more the merrier, right?! Meena's been a great help with the girls and Rabab's spoiling Zeena rotten (and us too with her cooking!)
A friend of mine in Beirut called me today and said that they were sitting in the open air @ the ahweh, in the beautiful sun, opposite the calm, blue sea and that the temperature there was around 28 degrees! AAAAAAAAAAAaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhh!!! I wanna be there. It's probably less than 5 degrees here and it rained horizontally today because of heavy winds. A7777, it makes me cold just thinking about it! Yalla, baseeta, soon inshallah, pretty soon I will be there too, or as Wiss says, I will be nagging him to turn on the AC and fix the temperature in the room, and that it's way too hot, and I'd be hot and sweating. Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Can't wait.

On this warm note,
ta ta,
mwah,
Hala

12 comments:

Cristina said...

What a wonderful surprise!!!

It is amazing, we can not recognise who is the mother and who are the girls!!!

Have lovely days and enjoy every moments with them!!

Happy Easter

Cristina

Dina said...

Great surprise! Hope you will be together always .. and soon enough you will be wishing for some peace and quiet. Kisses to all.
Dina.

lino said...

Halloul,
sorry for my silence been very busy, however am following up very closely... You all look so great!!! I miss you and hope you will be back with us soon! I write this message with all the meanings that Easter brings to us on life and rebirth, wishing you all the good things in life- keep smiling and walking, we are waiting for you here!
Much love
Lyne and The boys.

Unknown said...

Hala I am so happy for you --- what a lovely happy girlish blog!! hug and kiss and scold for all its worth!!!!! You guys look like you are having a blast! enjoy every second and great brilliant news about cutting down the meds -- teh journey home has started inshalah ya rab!!!!
Have a lovely time with the girls, spoil them rotten and enjoy the pampering by all!
kisses from hot amman -- I promise you heat is not what its cut out to be -- we are dying for some cold weather and rain!!!

Mazen Khaled said...

Smallah are those those same little girls that were running up and down Shatila a short while ago?

They look more a like three little Halas from where I'm standing. :)

SOSCRAPPED said...

Yaaaayyyy How Nice !!! Family reunion, hope you guys are having a blast!!! Please don't complain about the weather Hala.... we're still at a constant temperature or approx -10 here! Snow's everywhere and they're predicting some more for next week... but on a good note... I am packing... and going home to Beirut too!!!

The girls have grown so much, I can hardly recognize them. Hope we'll all have the opportunity to get together at the Golf Club, for a nice lemonade soon!!

We should set an appointment as of now.. it would give us both something to look forward to!!!

Take care and stay strong,
Hugs and Kisses

SOSCRAPPED said...

Yaaaayyyy How Nice !!! Family reunion, hope you guys are having a blast!!! Please don't complain about the weather Hala.... we're still at a constant temperature or approx -10 here! Snow's everywhere and they're predicting some more for next week... but on a good note... I am packing... and going home to Beirut too!!!

The girls have grown so much, I can hardly recognize them. Hope we'll all have the opportunity to get together at the Golf Club, for a nice lemonade soon!!

We should set an appointment as of now.. it would give us both something to look forward to!!!

Take care and stay strong,
Hugs and Kisses

Zena said...

Inshallah you will always be together.. looking real good Hala!
xxx
Zena

taggy said...

halloulti, sadly i missed reading you when ouchi was there cause i was busy with layla...loved the picture you look as beautiful as ever ,,,and ouchi love you and miss you ...and the girlzzzzzzz wowwww what a great surprise , haloul wish we can do more but i promise we will do our best ...we are there for you always...love you much ...taggy & the girlz

oushi said...

sorry, late post from me. its great to see and hear you happy happy happy with the girls. inshallah you will be back home soon, back to normal life and back to routine shouting ;-) and cuddling. i am with you every day and i feel very very specially close because i know the high street and your sofa and the horizontal rain.
love to all flat residents :-)
for ever oushi
ps: taggy, love and miss you too. thx for that note

Unknown said...

Girlzzz meeting...wonderful!! So happy for all of you...But how's wiso handling all the girly-population around him??:))
kisses to all.HalaRaad

LinaG said...

So good to see the beautiful girls there with you! and you already scolding ! Has it been since january that u haven't seen them?? my God it seems like yesterday here. And yes, we were laying in the sun and tanning for the last couple of days, some swiming too. Today got a bit "spring" like finally so we can cool off a bit!. Yalla, ikbal the days when you need AC! I hope Zee is doing well, and back soon too?? Inshalla, alla yeshfeeha bsoraa. Love to you all and Wiso too! AnnaMay says Hi to the girlz...
Love Lina G