Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's good to be back!!!

It's been a while now that I'd been feeling bored, frustrated and actually pissed off. I wanna go home. It feels like I'm a prisoner here, not allowed to leave, at least not before end of April. I miss home. I miss the girls. I miss everything about crazy ol' Beirut! The doc said he wants to wean me off ALL meds b4 he lets me go home. He needs to make sure that I am doing well on my own. I wish he'd let me go sooner. The walls of my lovely Sutton apartment were beginning to close down on me, until a few days ago, when I finally left Sutton for The City! You've ALL read about my 'unfortunate' adventure on the frickin' London Bus Tour. Well, I put in a photo of Zee n Wiss in front of Buckingham Palace, just for the record!

But then came the Canterbury Trip. That was amazing!!! The Cathedral is magnificent, and so was Meena's concert. We stayed in a tiny hotel (The Sun Hotel) of 7 rooms (Charles Dickens used to stay there!). It's a 600-year-old house, recently refurbished, wonderfully cozy. The only downside was the frickin' cooing of the doves on our bedroom window at SIX A.M. in the frickin' morning!!!! But Canterbury is such a nice town, with little roads and kitchy stores and yummy restaurants and bohemian cafes. We took a long walk around and it did us ALL a whole lot of good.

However, the icing on the cake was today's program. A dear friend of mine whom I know from Beirut had invited me to lunch in London. Now, I'm not the kind who'd do lunches every day (Lord knows, I hardly have time), and I don't usually talk much when surrounded by too many people, but, I tell you, today, I couldn't keep my tongue in my mouth!!! It's like I had to talk for the six months I'd been 'silent'! The company was lovely and the food was great (dim-sums, yum-yum!) It felt great to talk about things other than chemo and pain and side effects and hair loss! I was so excited when I got back home that I didn't even need my afternoon blanket, cuppa tea and hot water bottle! To the friend who made me feel "alive" again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. And thanks to the lovely ladies who joined in; it was gr8 seeing u again!

So, it's decided, I have to do one trip to London and try to have a 'normal' day at least once a week, or else I shall explode here in good ol' Sutton. Don't get me wrong, I am not being unfaithful to Sutton per se, but the whole routine life I've been living for the past 4 months or so. If I want to make it through the next two months, I have to get out more, try to diversify a little, and maybe even do some research for work while I'm at it.

I've included some photos for you to see. Hope you like them. I dunno in what order they will come out on the blog (I really still dunno how to use all this technology)(but I'm sure if I do something drastically wrong, Rima will hack my site and fix it :)

Till the next,
mwah
H




6 comments:

Sarah's Bag said...

Soo good to hear you are doing well! Habibte i was thinking of you because i am going to Jordan tomorrow for the exhibition INN GAD MAHALLEK NAKKES we really miss you and cant wait to see you again.
Habibte I really admire you in each and every way.
Kisses to you wiss and ZEE
SARAH

lebanesa said...

Glad you had some cheery experiences and are feeling more positive. I don't know how you have kept so up for all these months. There is no place like home, real home - keep well and enjoy your ladies who lunch experiences!

Unknown said...

Let me start by commenting on your phot --- you look AMAZING _- colour back in your cheeks, eyebrows in full bloom and a very healthy face mashalah -- Hmadullah now my dear, the worst is over -- you went through the hardest times in sutton, horrible cold english weather (I did not say that!!!! given my genetic background and love of flakes) but seriously, the cold is over, spring is round the corner, and England in Spring is the place to be --- you have a lot you can do and enjoy in Spring and April -- I agree weekly trips to London will be brilliant as well as small trips her and there -- try and get a weekend away to the Cotswalds -- I hear its briliant up there -- I would also highly recommend a trip up to good old scotland!!! wait till april though when its warmer -- again my genes interfering!!!
you are almost home -- so close --- sutton has been good, why rush the trip back when you are doing so well -- just a few more weeks -- turn the coutdown to weeks and it will seem shorter!!!
God bless you and here's wishing the next two months will fly by -- almsot home!!

Cristina said...

Today, March 8th is Women's day!!! A lot of yellow mimosas and my best wishes to you and to all the women reading the blog!!

Very nice pictures of the serious grey London, of the charming Canterbury but above all of the lovely Beydoun family!!!

To come off with flying colours I quote a famous verse of Oliver Wendell Holmes as a special homage to all the women:

"When I think of talking, it is of course with a woman. For talking at its best being an inspiration, it wants a corresponding divine quality of receptiveness, and where will you find this but in a woman ?"

Happy Women's Day

Cristina

Unknown said...

halouuuuuuuuuuuuul just wana tell u that u look so beautifullllllllllllllllllll lov u lots!! faisal / shoush

ZanBarrage said...

I'm taking the kids and Rima to Montreal tomorrow. Glad to here all is better. When you start to complain, I start to relax!

How is Z? please text!!!!!